The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sickness and lethargy after worming

Lucie Lou

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone
I wormed my 13 week old pup this morning as advise by my vet to wait 2 weeks after his flea treatment.
He passed a large live worm (about 5 inches) in his poo and has since been sick.
He seems lethargic.. still eating and drinking but his stomach is making really loud rumbling noises.
Is this to be expected.
Pleased the wormers at doing their job but don’t want him to be poorly.

With such a young pup I would always at least ring the vets and ask advice or take him in.. A long time since I have had a pup and flea and worm treatments have changed.

Tip; always read the leaflet that comes with any medication, most of the time it will list normal side effects and some of them some worming cures warn about vomiting some drooling or lethargy. It just gives a heads up so that you know what you can expect and what might inidcate something to call a vet about.

Tip; always read the leaflet that comes with any medication, most of the time it will list normal side effects and some of them some worming cures warn about vomiting some drooling or lethargy. It just gives a heads up so that you know what you can expect and what might inidcate something to call a vet about.
There was no information at all in the box.
It was prescribed through my vet via the healthy pet club.
I was surprised myself that there was no information leaflet.

It did some research online that reassured me enough to wait to see how he was this morning.

There was no information at all in the box.
It was prescribed through my vet via the healthy pet club.
I was surprised myself that there was no information leaflet.

That isnt good, all my meds, even the ones I get monthly for Murphy have the info inside and the worm tabs I get from an online vet have info inside with an added link to their website for addtional info.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back