The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sickness Help

Lolly&Keano

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Apologies if i am posting this in the wrong place, i am not familiar with the forum.

One of my dogs is always sick in the car and i am taking her quite far next week.

I have read about digestive, gastric, sedatives - but i dont really know what is best or what brand.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

try sealeg tablets from your chemist worked a treat for my whippy i used to only give her one an hour before i travel and shes ok ive now got her on half a tablet and shes fine hope they work :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: yep perfectly ok for your dog nowt nasty in there just remember they might make him a bit drowsy although my dog is ok still mad as ever :thumbsup:

yep iv also used sealeg on my blue and he suffered no ill efects and worked a treat :D

My lot used to be terrible for throwing up...couldn't travel ten minutes without them starting.I use travel-eze tablets by Johnsons,you can get them in a pet shop. We now travel a long way and have no probs :thumbsup:

thanks all!! thats great!! i went to the chemist but they didnt have sealegs - i didnt get an alternative because i didnt know if they were safe?? there was a kids one called traveleze i think, something like that???? would that be ok?? last thing i want is a porly pup!

i dont think anything could calm my dog down affieluver!!! she is a total mentalist! (w00t)

sarahloveland - thats exactly what my little girl is like!!!! she does this big grin and then just pukes!! my other dog (the one in my pic) hates it and it freaks him out!

affieluver said:
:thumbsup: yep perfectly ok for your dog nowt nasty in there just remember they might make him a bit drowsy although my dog is ok still mad as ever  :thumbsup:
At what age can you start to use these? Deedee (15 weeks) is 5 minutes in the car and throws up the first pile.. then it's another 4 times in a 45 minute journey ( which works out to over an hour while having 'clean up stops' :x and when she's not 'heaving' she's drooling and looks a sad, sad site :( There is no way she's getting in the car either, while the others jump in Deedee walks backwards begging me not to put her through it :( :( The other day she even poo'd while puking :x :x which is obviously the anxiety.. I hate doing it to her but need to get her used to it :(

Let us know how you get on 'lollyandkeano' and good luck :)

Tracey x

hi

you can try using ginger pills they have work with my young pup amber.

Im going to try sea legs on my dog Kobi too... :thumbsup:

I think if you go to FAQ section there is something on there about travel sickness too.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back