The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Silken Windhounds

Chaumsong

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The UK Silken Windhound Club are holding their first show next month, anyone interested in the breed this would be the place to see them. There are now 29 silkens in the country and 7 are coming over from the Netherlands so there should be a good turnout. The club are also producing a directory of every silken in the country. I've just sent my pics off so thought I'd include them here too :)

Milly (Starborough Queen Amadala) 3 yrs

StarboroughQueenAmadala.jpg

Spice (Endevor Prince Valiant) 8 months

EndevorPrinceValiant.jpg

and he's not mine but I love him, the other Silken in Scotland...

Finlay (Starborough Sonnet) 2 yrs

StarboroughSonnet.jpg

UKSWC.jpg

I think Spice is just gorgeous!

Good luck at the show :luck:

The UK Silken Windhound Club are holding their first show next month, anyone interested in the breed this would be the place to see them. There are now 29 silkens in the country and 7 are coming over from the Netherlands so there should be a good turnout. The club are also producing a directory of every silken in the country. I've just sent my pics off so thought I'd include them here too :)
Milly (Starborough Queen Amadala) 3 yrs

StarboroughQueenAmadala.jpg

Spice (Endevor Prince Valiant) 8 months

EndevorPrinceValiant.jpg

and he's not mine but I love him, the other Silken in Scotland...

Finlay (Starborough Sonnet) 2 yrs

StarboroughSonnet.jpg

UKSWC.jpg
any pics from this meeting, would love to see the winner of the presentation jacket.

any pics from this meeting, would love to see the winner of the presentation jacket.
Do you mean from the racing on the Sunday? I only have the winners as it was too wet for the camera.

Here is the gorgeous Krisull Paladin (Merlin), fastest overall

DSCF2019.jpg

and here with Starcastle Hounds Fire Fly (Fira) fastest bitch, pretty impressive as she was the oldest bitch there at 8 :)

DSCF2031.jpg

For anyone wondering about the size difference, about 6 years ago the ISWS decided to add more borzoi blood into the silkens, to increase the gene pool. Paladin is from a first cross silken x borzoi. He's too big to show but is a really keen courser/racer and has such a lovely temperament that he is valuable to the breed :)

and some of the show pics of my two, all photos by SMR photos :)

5-5-12silken-016.jpg

5-5-12silken-020.jpg

5-5-12silken-026.jpg

5-5-12silken-135.jpg

5-5-12silken-134.jpg

5-5-12silken-131.jpg

Spice's Dad Kristull Barndance of Endevor was Best In Match, here he is winning best dog with Millys sister Starborough Wicket winning best adult bitch :)

DSCF1998.jpg

and a group shot, not all of the silkens entered as some had went out for a walk - I was on my way out hence the wellies! (photo SMR)

GROUP.jpg

Do you mean from the racing on the Sunday? I only have the winners as it was too wet for the camera.

Here is the gorgeous Krisull Paladin (Merlin), fastest overall

DSCF2019.jpg

and here with Starcastle Hounds Fire Fly (Fira) fastest bitch, pretty impressive as she was the oldest bitch there at 8 :)

DSCF2031.jpg

For anyone wondering about the size difference, about 6 years ago the ISWS decided to add more borzoi blood into the silkens, to increase the gene pool. Paladin is from a first cross silken x borzoi. He's too big to show but is a really keen courser/racer and has such a lovely temperament that he is valuable to the breed :)
thank you i made the jacket and just wanted to see how it looked, and i am very pleased, beautiful dogs. :thumbsup:

thank you i made the jacket and just wanted to see how it looked, and i am very pleased, beautiful dogs. :thumbsup:
You're very talented then, the jacket was absolutely gorgeous :thumbsup: The colour was perfect too on the winner :)

Did the gorgeous Spice win a prize?
I'm afraid not but he did enjoy his day tremendously. It wasn't a regular show with dogs placed in order but a knockout type match, 2 dogs at a time. There were only 3 dog puppies, all 3 from the same litter. Spice got a by through his first round and met Oz his brother in the second round, Oz won. Can't complain they're all gorgeous dogs and I'm sure they'll change places a few times :)

Just a quick silken update, we've had a population explosion with 1 new import puppy from the states and a litter of 5 pups born last weekend, making the number of silkens in the UK now 35 :)

This is the latest import, 17 weeks old. Alligante Jubilee of Cairdean

DSCF4449.jpg

and one of the latest litter of pups at Starborough

295354_3965136700317_1925000989_n.jpg

The handbook from the show in Kent has been reprinted and I have a few copies to sell on behalf of the UK Club. It's a great book for anyone interested in the breed with a history of their development and a photo directory of the UK dogs and a lot of European ones too, as well as kennel ads etc. £10 or £12.50 posted.

I took my pair over to Germany last weekend for the European silken show, we all enjoyed the trip immensely and brought home lots of goodies too.

Here's Milly at the show, being spayed she had to go in the companion class and was BISS companion both days. She graded very good on Saturday and Excellent on Sunday.

DSCF3779.jpg

and Spice, he had to go in junior (9 to 18 months) and was 2nd both days. He was the same as Milly, VG Saturday, Excellent Sunday.

DSCF3925.jpg

I thought this was a wonderful to share, a silken windhound (Spice's brother Thief) and a borzoi, showing how alike they are in everything but size :)

309456_10151100666406278_553035326_n.jpg

Silkens have been invited to take part in the rare breeds parade at The Houndshow this Saturday in Stafford.

Anyone interested in the breed there will probably be about 7 silkens present, including my two.

There is a fund raising event for breast cancer at the show and Milly is getting dressed up for it, any excuse to wear pink...

DSCF4571.jpg

Too far for me, but hope you and your beautiful pair enjoy your weekend- Spice is looking gorgeous :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back