The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Simba's Been To The Vets

oakmoorehill

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Simba has had togo to the vets to have his leg stitched up. He had a gash about 2" long on the inside of his back leg.

I've no idea how he did it I was taking him and his sister Amber for a walk when I noticed a trail of blood down the drive. When I looked his leg was pouring. I phoned the vet and took him straight up. They were just closing when I rang but waited for me to get there (25 minutes )

He had a mild aneasthetic and was stitched up. He now has a blue bandage all down his leg. The aneasthetic was reversible so he was allowed to come home. he is now sleeping it off on the sofa.

The vet and his wife had a tble booked for a meal and we made them late for it. Iapologised but he said if he wanted a 9-5 job he wouldn't have been a vet and they have to be prepared to have a last minute emergency come in.

Poor Simba....Get Well Soon... :huggles: :luck:

That must have been scary for you. Glad you managed to get it sorted quickly and here's hoping he doesn't manage to pull his bandage off.

It's amazing how they can inflict these wounds on themselves without us knowing how it happened. Fred came in from my mother's garden a while back with some quite large rips in his skin, with some bleeding. I've no idea how he managed it, but I have a theory that it was rose thorns as I saw him winding his way through the plants on the borders, and they are very old and woody with some really prominent thorns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending lots of hugs and kisses to Simba :huggles: :huggles: Hope his leg heals well and very quickly :luck: :luck: :luck:

Ahh bless him, hope Simba soon heals up :luck:

Well he has now kept his bandage for 24 hours. The vet says it is ok if he takes off but he has to go back on thursday anyway.

Ahh bless him, hope Simba soon heals up :luck:

He'd better heal soon Ann he has a trip down your way booked with his sister soon. Plus he's entered in a show 6th june doubt as he'll be going not though unless he's sound and healed ok.

Simba had the dressing changed yesterday so I have now seen what he had done. 2 cuts both about 1-2" long and both with 2 stitches in them. They look as though they are healing well and he should have the stitches out next thursday. He now has a royal blue bandage he is being a good boy so far and has not touched the bandages so has not had to have a lampshade on his head :thumbsup:

Poor little lad :(

Wonder if he did it playing with one of the others? Claws or teeth? :unsure:

Hope Simba continues to heal well :huggles:

Poor Simba, I hope it heals up quickly :huggles:

Poor little lad :( Wonder if he did it playing with one of the others? Claws or teeth? :unsure:

I don't really know Jane. He was fine when I fed the others and when I put his lead on but him and his sister were acting the idiot in the hall while I was getting poo bags as I'd none in my pockets. When I got outside he was bleeding. He must have done it in the hall but they were jumping all over the place so maybe Amber did do it with her claws. The vet says it was something sharp as both cuts are clean cuts not jagged at all.

Simba had the dressing changed yesterday so I have now seen what he had done. 2 cuts both about 1-2" long and both with 2 stitches in them. They look as though they are healing well and he should have the stitches out next thursday. He now has a royal blue bandage he is being a good boy so far and has not touched the bandages so has not had to have a lampshade on his head :thumbsup:
glad to hear he's on the mend, and see, he is not naughty at all!

glad to hear he's on the mend, and see, he is not naughty at all!

He isn't really the naughty one its his sister that is the evil twin. She leads him astray

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back