The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Skin lump.....

bev06868

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
I have recently noticed a small lump on my dogs back with a head on it ..he is 6 in September. ...
I have attached a photo..second is closer up ..he isn't bothered by it and it is movable. .
Anyone have any advice on what it may be and do I need to go to the vets
Thanks in anticipation..
20180329_103915.jpg
20180329_103922.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you do need to see your vet, because a forum can't replace a proper diagnosis from a qualified vet. Others may have seen something similar, but similar-looking lumps can have different underlying cause.

Do let us know what the vet says - I hope your dog is fine and that it's something harmless:)

Seconded for seeing your vet. I am quite cautious over lumps and bumps, always best to get them properly checked.

Please do let us know what the vet says? - it resembles a bot-fly larva, but i'm in the USA, so i have no idea if that's similar to an endemic pest where U live. :(
Bot-flies are horrid, & there are also larger parasitic larvae, such as warble-grubs, that make truly-grotesque lumps in their host's skin.

Botfly - Wikipedia

- terry

I've very pleased to hear that:)

Glad it's all okay, but be sre to contact your vet if you see something new...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back