The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Slow Today

~Helen~

Warrior Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
K9 seems a bit slow today. I'm on broadband and usually it's zippy, but today (and come to think of it yesterday evening too) it's taking ages and ages to laod a page.

Are other people finding this or is it just my computer?

Helen :(

hi Helena, yes does seem slow , i had to wait an age for pages . i dont normally come in here in the day. But got out from work early :wub: :teehee:

I know that the hosting company did some work on the servers on Friday morning but haven't really noticed anything different since then. We are not on broadband & have to rely on an ISDN connection which can be a bit erratic anyway.

There are so many factors affecting the overall speed. I've just pinged the server & am getting back very acceptable round times of about 170ms so I don't think there is anything wrong ... unless you know different

I'll have to go back on what I said :b For the last couple of weeks, maybe more, K9 has been sooo slow both at work and at home (both broadband). Is it slow for anyone else? :blink:

A few weeks ago I started a response time monitoring service on the K9 server.

The server is checked for response time and time to load the home page every hour, 24 hours a day. The server is checked from London (the server itself is located in Virginia) and over that period the response times have been consistent. The only down time reported was when I installed some updates to the server.

However, I've just checked the logs for the past few hours and the response time has been erratic - but looking at the server itself it's responding OK and there appears to be no problem. I have in fact spent most of the afternoon on the Internet (for work) and I think somewhere there is a general problem (usually caused by a network problem at a major hub, or a new virus). At times K9 was about the only server I was able to 'talk' to.

I will continue monitoring & let you know if there is any problem.

Is anyone else still having problems with K9? :unsure: It's still really slow loading a page and 2 out of 4 times I just get an error page? :wacko:

yup, I'm finding it incredibly slow tonight. There are quite a few members on, and 15 guests, so maybe it's just weight of traffic? :(

Things were slowing down last night. I'm not sure of any specific reasons at the moment. Speed seems to be ok at the moment.

I'm having a problem with a spammer using one of my domains as the 'sender' address in their spam emails - on some days this is causing nearly 1000 bounced emails going through the server. That certainly isn't helping.

The response time log for the last week is shown below - you can see response times increase last night. I'll keep monitoring & see if anything can be done if there is a long term problem.

week1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finding it's getting slower & slower today,is anyone else??? :(

Yes, today seems very slow. It's taken me a good 10 minutes to access K9 :(

Same here incredibly slow tonight :(

Julie

yep it's been slow for me since the upgrade, somtimes I give up when i'm waiting for it to load (i'm on broadband 750Kb)

Yes, I did monitor the server load last night & it was much too high and consequently slow. The system has 4 x 3Ghz processors but that's obviously not enough.

I'll talk with the server owner today & see if the problem can be resolved.

Hopefully everyone saw an improvement in response times last night. The server owners have very kindly increased the processor power available to K9 and this has improved overall speed.

I'm still fairly sure that the specific problems earlier this week were a deliberate attack on the server by someone attempting to disrupt this site or others. Last night there was no evidence of any such attack - we will continue to monitor this very closely.

Well done Nigel, it all sounds very efficient! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

An attack on the server? That's horrible :nuke: . Interestingly I saw one evening earlier this week when there were an unusually high number of guest - about 20/25 or something. Would that be hackers using a route in?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back