The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Smack Head With A Dog

fallenangel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We took Lacey and Indy on the playing feald near us for a run this evening when we got there the was 2 young woman and a baby with 2 dog off lead a collie cross and a big big mastife so we walke round the side and to the other end to let them have there turn haveing a run, the 2 woman were still sat there so just incase Indy decied it was fun to say hi we put them on there leads again ro walk back and whent round the side to the gate again just as we were nearly there the woma and dogs start walking towards us with the big mastive way out in front Tony took our 2s leads off me and we stud there waiting for them to shout the dog back nothing not a word was siad then the dogs eight up to us i asked her nicely to shout her dog she just ignored me I then said will you please get your dog but this time my girles are pettrifed and this big mastive is running round them the scareing lacey and indy to death Tony gets hold of the mastives coller and it come off in his hand as its an old flea coller and theres nothing ells to grad we would normaly have let ours go bit we were right next tio the exit and a bussy main road,

Im trying to say carnt for the girls but firmly ask will you get your dog its scaring ours this one woman said thats not my dog its her so no. The other just carrys on walking past us with a glazed grin on her face not even looking at her dog just waliking along with a baby in her arms smiling we maneg to get away but lacey and indy are realy nervoues tonight.

The woman looked complety stoned and should not have ben in charge of a dog of any time. the mastive seamed frendly enegh but it was very pushy with ours and i was scared if one og ours dod snap and bite it out of fear on nip of thet dog would have killed ours the mastive looked like it had had a litter of pups aswell can imagin what state they were brought up in. the procede to walk off both dogs pooing and leaving it on a kids playing feald I know our dog wardens and am going to give her a call on monday if i had ben on my own with them i would not have got away its only cos Tony put himself between there dog and ours that got us away. they carntbhave lived faraway with what they were wearing and the way they headed so i will keep my eye out for them.

one day that dog will run over to a dog there will be a fight and it will get done and its stupped owner will go out and get another to gard her drugs or what ever she ues it for :rant:

We met a six month old mastiff in the pub last night & it was huge. The people also had a retriever & tho they & the dogs seemed fine, the landlady said to em, you gotta keep the dogs on their leads tonight otherwise youre OUT so God knos what happend the last time they visited. So many breeds are now being slated because they are being owned by such total idiots. Was a big story here about yobs using a Rottie as a weapon against a dinner lady walking home down a notorious footpath. Stupid reporters were emphasising that the footpath shoud be closed, didnt occur to em to think about the life the dog led with these pillocks as owners.

People like shouldn't be allowed to own dogs :rant:

There are a few like that round where I live...got aggresive Staffies and ones even got an AKita and they walk round stoned winding the dogs up so that each time someone walks past they growl and snap at whoever is walking past...

It makes me so :rant: :rant: :rant: but local warden says nowt can be done unless one of the dogs bites someone :blink: :eek:

hellybobs said:
People like shouldn't be allowed to own dogs  :rant:
There are a few like that round where I live...got aggresive Staffies and ones even got an AKita and they walk round stoned winding the dogs up so that each time someone walks past they growl and snap at whoever is walking past...

It makes me so  :rant:   :rant:   :rant: but local warden says nowt can be done unless one of the dogs bites someone  :blink:   :eek:

I'v had the same problem. Theres a lab cross that lives down the road that keeps attecking Zeb and other dogs.They know shes a danger to other dogs but they let her walk outside the house where people walk there dogs and lets it off the lead in the local park.Once she had it tied to the pushchair (shes a childminder) the dog dragged the pushchair across the park to get to Zeb.

the dog warden said the same cant do anything unless it bites a dog or a person, so in the mean time its free to attack everything in sight. :rant: :rant:

my dog warden will get her for no poo picking or somthing but will any her till she takes some responcabilty for her dog its allways a good idea to make frends with your dog wardnes nad have the kettel on when there about we have helped them cach dogs quiet a few times so there allways happt to help us out aswell.

The little girls seam ok today allthough didnt want to go on the playing feald so they whent to the cannal instead. I got home last night and thought what if we had had boris with us there would have been a fit and even though boris is a big greyhound he would not have stood a chance. hes been biten before by dogs and if cornerd on his lead will bit. so I allways ask people whe hes about if they could call there dogs back cos hes a sod this smack head would have thought it funny. I feel sorry for her dog aswell bet its breed into the ground it looked tatty and scruffy bet its never seen a vets poor thing

the dangerous dogs act says that any dog whatever breed that is out of control in a public place can be seized by the police.also the (dog must bite first rule went out years ago.)the law says that if you are in fear of a dog biting (it doesnt have to bite then they can seize that too.i remember when the law was enacted there was uproar from dog owners but the law is there to be used against idiots like this.ive had similar situations with my dobe stud dog on the lead and a staffy off the lead years ago when i still had dobes.when i asked the idiot with the dog to get it back on the lead he just walked past me ignoring me.it was stood in front of my dog screaming and snarling at him.my dog started to do the same,but being a stud dog he was very aggressive with other males and would have killed this staffy if id not kept hold of the lead.i was fighting with my dog and the staffy was screaming at him and this idiot just carried on walking and muttered that his dog could take care of himself!unbelievable! :angry: eventually the dog wandered off and i managed to get my frail nerves back together.my arms were very sore from hanging onto the lead for dear life.i meet idiots like this most of the time when im out with the dogs so i tend to go to isolated places to walk them.my dogs are never allowed off lead but being shibas they wouldnt come back so i walk them on flexis and we have a big piece of land thats fully fenced for them to run round in.

I didn't know the law had changed about dogs not having to bite before anything was done...so why is it when you phone the dog warden place do they still spurt the :rant: about dogs having to bite before they can act?????

i think its cos like the police they dont want to do anything unless they are pushed into it by someone who knows the law.if you quote it at them they have to act.i think also the paperwork is a pain so unless they need to act they wont.i had a prob years ago not to do with this but something else and the police said they couldnt do anything.so i went to my solicitor who rang them while i was there and threatened them with the law and to get in touch with the chief constable and make a complaint that they werent upholding the law.she got action immediately :thumbsup:

here is the relevant part of the 91 act

(a) it injures any person; or

(b) there are grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will do so,

he is guilty of an offence, or, if the dog injures any person, an aggravated offence, under this subsection.

note the words reasonable apprehension.this means th dog doesnt have to bite,just that you think IT MIGHT

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ta for that I'll make a note of it and hopefully i'll work

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back