The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Smart As A Whip(Pet)

chelynnah

Whippet Servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So you all should have experienced how clever they are when it comes to getting a toy away from another dog, or a seat away from a human (go bark at the door and the first dog leaves the toy and they run back and get it, beg outside and human gets up and dog rushes into seat...). This is a complete one-up on that!!

Emmy and Kendra sleep in Cosy Caves on the floor. Emmy will try a few times through the night to get in the bed. She'll sit beside the bed and look at me with a cute face, she'll jump up gently and hope I don't notice, she'll give me gentle kisses and say 'pleeeeaaasssseeeeeee'. And I tell her 'No, in your bed' and she will reluctantly go. Kendra will occasionally try this anytime from 4am because she knows after 4am I will likely let them. Emmy will try it all night long.

So last night they started in their caves. Emmy stretched out of hers and ended up on the floor across the front of both. Kendra got out and had to walk over Emmy to get to the water bowl. She decided not to walk back over her and got back into Emmy's bed (they are very specific about which bed belongs to whom so this was unusual). Emmy woke up and saw Kendra in her bed, so took Kendra's (Emmy has been angling for Kendra's bed this week since we swapped out the hutch KK was using and the downstairs CC so they both had the same type). All seems good and normal right?

KK gets up for another drink and wants back in her own bed. Emmy isn't budging. I encourage KK into Em's bed and she stays there for about 10 minutes. I then feel a very light 'plop' on the bed and open my eyes expecting to see a white Emmy face, but instead it's a black Kendra one. I give her a cuddle and a kiss and say something like 'KK it's not like you to be up here this early!'. Emmy hears me and immediately decides it's time for the big bed since KK is up there. She jumps up and looks at me like 'is it time, is it time??'. The second Emmy lands on my bed KK dives into her own! It was all a ploy to get her bed back. She knew Emmy would come out if she thought it was 'Big Bed Time'.

Needless to say Emmy was not impressed when I sent her back to her own bed.

Their cleverness never ceases to amaze or amuse me.

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back