The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

So glad to be here

CrazyCatLady

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, I am Christi. I have my two kids and husband living with me. We also have 3 cats and two dogs plus a quarentine puppy.

The oldest dog, Maggie is dachshund/ black mouth cur and she is 7 years old. She has early arthritis because her previous home situation was not ideal but she is living her best life now.
Marshmallow is close to 3 years old and is a Jack Russell/ cowdog mix. She is also a rescue - she was abandoned in the middle of nowhere and found starving and then was nursed back to health by her foster mom. We have had Maggie and Marshmallow for 2 years, Maggie about 3 months longer.

And Violet is the puppy. She and her litter mates were abandoned at a park with multiple types of worms, fleas, and mange. It took about 2 months of treatments before it was safe to expose her to the other 2 of mine. She is part piranha and part horse, no actually I think she has a lot of weimaraner in her. Waiting on the rescue to set up an appointment for her to be fixed and we will ask then. She is probably 6 months old.

Hi Christi, Welcome.
Please wait untill your Violet is 1 year at least before spaying or let her have 1 season.
Let her grow mentally and physically first.

Hi Christi and welcome to the forum.
Interesting mix of pets ! They must keep you busy. :D

Hi Christi, Welcome.
Please wait untill your Violet is 1 year at least before spaying or let her have 1 season.
Let her grow mentally and physically first.
I may not have any wiggle room since the rescue typically insists on spaying as soon as possible.

Hi Christi and welcome to the forum.
Interesting mix of pets ! They must keep you busy. :D
My son and I are more cat people but our dogs . . . . We lost our home last year in a house fire, our cats lost their lives but our dogs helped keep up sane through the whole thing. Dachshund Maggie wore the face of worry that we all felt, Marshmallow (who is the most joyful dog) reminded us to take joy in the small things, and the destruction they would cause when left alone reminded us that they (and we) have a stress response that is typically not pleasant for others.
When we got our house, we got new kittens in hope that they might be friendly towards Marshmallow (who seems to think she is a Disney Princess and thus friends with all the animals.) They weren't friendly. So we got Violet.

The cats do have plenty on places and ways to escape the dogs and there is a lot of tolerance going both ways.

Im sorry to hear about the fire and the loss of your cats. Heartbreaking:(

My son and I are more cat people but our dogs . . . . We lost our home last year in a house fire, our cats lost their lives but our dogs helped keep up sane through the whole thing. Dachshund Maggie wore the face of worry that we all felt, Marshmallow (who is the most joyful dog) reminded us to take joy in the small things, and the destruction they would cause when left alone reminded us that they (and we) have a stress response that is typically not pleasant for others.
When we got our house, we got new kittens in hope that they might be friendly towards Marshmallow (who seems to think she is a Disney Princess and thus friends with all the animals.) They weren't friendly. So we got Violet.

The cats do have plenty on places and ways to escape the dogs and there is a lot of tolerance going both ways.

Sad loss as always, owning lurchers it’s a thing at times you have to come to terms with, but losing pets that’s not in your total control is something I will always struggle with, I feel your heartbreak,, short story at the age of 5 I almost lost my lurcher to my van being stolen, I take her everywhere when I drive, this one time I said no you’ve just had your walk as we all speak to our dogs lol went out for 30 mins and boom van stolen and never found, so thought I was lucky ! I was but 5 years later she picked up poison and boom I lost here,, fate , that I did struggle with, I feel ur loss I do .

Welcome and well done for taking Violet! We've had various rescues and have a rescue corgi x now- we've also had a rescue Lurcher who lived to 17. Best of luck with yours!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back