The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Some Dog Owners are Beyond Belief

arealhuman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A friend just sent me a link to this article, an upsetting read but one that also stirs feelings of extreme anger towards the offending dog owner. Is anyone able to help to identify this idiot so he can be brought to justice perhaps by sharing far and wide on social media? I really don't know what I would have done in the same situation.

Oh gosh @arealhuman this is terrible :( I must admit when it comes to difficult articles like this I tend to scroll straight past because it affects me terribly for days afterwards.

I also feel extreme anger towards the owner of these dogs. I know that the power of social media will get the owner brought to justice!!! ... which I also might add doesn’t have tough enough sentences!

A long prison sentence would be a start, in a prison that's actually a prison, not a holiday camp. But I digress, this is a dog forum afterall, so here we go.... ;)

giphy.gif

I couldn't read the article because I couldn't bring myself to look at the pictures:(But yes, it's terrible how irresponsible some owners are. I met someone just recently whose dog had been badly injured by another, whose owner just walked off.

Have you seen the Daily Mail @arealhuman? The guy who owns those dogs has come forward!!
No, I hadn't seen that, thanks for posting it up (direct link here if anyone wants it). I can't believe much of what he says and I really do hope he gets locked up. A poor, gentle dog today, a toddler tomorrow.

I read elsewhere that one of the dogs was a Bully Kutta. So first, not a suitable dog as a pet and second, unusual enough (thank goodness) to be easily identifiable. Maybe that's why he came forward.

However, and not wanting to judge on this particular dog or situation, my understanding @arealhuman is that there is no evidence dog on dog aggression is any more likely to become dog on human aggression, unless through redirection or unless the dog was predisposed towards it anyway.

there is no evidence dog on dog aggression is any more likely to become dog on human aggression, unless through redirection or unless the dog was predisposed towards it anyway.
Perhaps, however doesn't the law say a dog just has to be perceived to be a danger to the public? I didn't think there was any evidential requirement, however in this case the evidence is clear - exceptionally violent dogs that are out of control, killing another dog in a park. If a toddler was nearby, would you be comfortable? I wouldn't when confronted with that and would certainly fear for their/my safety!

Perhaps, however doesn't the law say a dog just has to be perceived to be a danger to the public? I didn't think there was any evidential requirement, however in this case the evidence is clear - exceptionally violent dogs that are out of control, killing another dog in a park. If a toddler was nearby, would you be comfortable? I wouldn't when confronted with that and would certainly fear for their/my safety!
You are absolutely right, if a person or child were nearby I would be very concerned because the dog could absolutely redirect it's aggression on to a person while in a state of very high arousal. What I meant, and failed to express well, is that if a dog gets into a fight with another dog, there is no evidence that the dog will necessarily have any greater aggression against humans in the future. In this tragic case I think at the very least the owner / walker will be prosecuted under the Dangerous Dogs Act, which does as you say apply where someone believes they are at risk, far short of the situation here. It does make you wonder why anyone would want to own a primitive breed like this as a pet. The only reason I can think of is ego/status. Which is appalling.

Agreed - he certainly deserves what's coming his way. Let's hope it's not a gentle slap on the wrists so that the message gets out there.

Has anyone heard any more news on this subject??

I was thinking the same earlier today. Anyone?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back