The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sophie - Sad News

FeeFee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We are absolutely devastated to have lost Sophie, our beautiful little whippet/collie girl, very suddenly at only 12 years old.

She had two massive seizures out of the blue last week, then at the weekend wasn't 'right', she seemed to be in pain and wasn't walking properly. Our vet acted very quickly and got her booked in for an MRI on Monday, but sadly it was the worst possible news, she had an aggressive tumour deep in her brain. We made the decision to ask the vet not to bring her round from the anaesthetic, which was kindest for her, but it has absolutely devastated me to think her last morning was spent frightened at the vets and among strangers :( :(

Sophie was with us just under five years after living the first 7 years of her life in horrible conditions. She was always going to be a timid, nervous girl after her early experiences, but was so sweet and loving with the people she trusted, she had a very special place in my heart.

Sleep tight, precious girl.

Sophie.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss'

R.I.P. little sweet Sophie

so very sorry to read of your very sad news, at least she knew kindness and love for some of her life

R I P Sophie x

She looks a lovely old girl , at least she had 7 super years with you

R I P Sophie Run free and happy

RIP Sophie such a lovely girl

Go chase the bunnies special girl xxxxxx

THINKING OF YOUR FAMILY

THE BLUE GANG XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's horrible and distressing going over their last moments thinking you've let them down, especially when they were such shy, trusting, sweet natured companions. I doubt that anything I write now will help the pain go away very quickly, but I'm sure Sophie had a wonderful home with you and was the luckiest of rescues. I hope you start to get over the shock soon, but the grieving is natural. Farewell to a lovely girl and remember the good times. :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for your loss. Take care of yourselves, hugs coming your way.

Im so sorry for your loss....Run free beautiful Sophie. xxx

So so sorry to read this , its the worst thing in life to lose our beloved pets :(

RIP SOPHIE

So sorry that you have lost your lovely girl in such distressing circumstances :(

It sounds like she was lucky to find such a loving home for 5 years, and couldn't have been loved any more than she was by you.

Thinking of you.

Liz and the Monellis

So sorry to hear your sad news RIP Sophie x

so sorry, you gave her your love and time, remember the good times always.

Sorry to hear abot Sophie. Could not post sooner due to k9 downtime.

Have only just seen this post and so sorry to hear the sad news. What a joy it must have been for Sophie though, to have found her lovely family and live out her years knowing comfort and love and security.......... and, having had rescues, I am convinced they do know this. Rest in peace little girl.

I couldn't get onto K9 for ages to thanks people for their kind comments, but it's very much appreciated. Only 'dog people' really understand!

I miss Sophie terribly, but am going to start fostering again soon which won't replace her but having another little dog to care for will cheer up a very sad household. It's amazing how empty the house feels with 'only' four dogs.

I know exactly what you mean. When our little Pip was killed two years ago and we went from three to two. the house felt empty. Six months later we got Milo and it was lovely to have a puppy again, although he will never replace Pip, they are all irreplaceable. I feel as though we should have another rescue, in memory of Pip. Good luck with your fostering.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back