The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sore botty

Juliatee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just been cleaning my spaniel's hairy smelly bottom as she has some diarrhoea and it looks a bit sore. Anyone any ideas what I can put on it that she won't try and lick off - nothing I suppose. Sudocreme says seek help if ingested so that's out. When the hair is dry I am going to give it all a good trim so it dosnt get too smelly.

Juliatee

I would use sudocrem in this situation. To be honest anything you put on will be licked off. I would just keep an eye on her. I would think it would be safe and I've certainly used it often myself on dogs and horses.

Do you have an old pair of cotton pants you could put on her, or but some cheap kids ones from the supermarket?

Put it on just before a walk/dinner to give it time to be absorbed.

Coconut oil works very well in this situation too . And it won't matter if it's licked off

The MCT's in coconut oil have been proven to kill yeast infections , it's also very moisturizing and has great health benefits if it's licked off too. I buy a raw unprocessed one from home bargains for under £4 and you only need the smallest amount as it goes a very long way

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back