The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sore on dogs belly

Laura-Lou

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sore appeared today. We found it after noticing her scratching quite aggressively. We don't really want to take her to the vets if we can treat it at home with cream or something.

Any ideas or remedies are appreciated

Attachments

• 20240531_120558.jpg
    20240531_120558.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 5,452
If she is scratching it, it's obviously annoying her. Try to stop her doing that, you don't want her making it worse. I usually deal with this dort of thing in the same way as if I found it on myself -.leave it for a few days (keeping it clean and dry) and then get professional help if it doesn't go away or if it gets worse.

Could be a sting or has she been through long grass..could be a nettle or grass rash ...I always have piriton indoors...
Keep an eye on it ...

Could be a sting or has she been through long grass..could be a nettle or grass rash ...I always have piriton indoors...
Keep an eye on it ...
She hasn't been anywhere but our garden which is concrete and our house.

If she is scratching it, it's obviously annoying her. Try to stop her doing that, you don't want her making it worse. I usually deal with this dort of thing in the same way as if I found it on myself -.leave it for a few days (keeping it clean and dry) and then get professional help if it doesn't go away or if it gets worse.
We have put the ointment on it that we use for the dermatitis that she has to see if it might be just a bad flare of it but we have never seen this type of sore before.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back