The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

South Cotswolds Open This Sunday

Steve Bryant

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Due to the presence of Kennel Cough in the area, a decision has been made to postpone this Sundays open at South Cotswolds.

Our field is available on the 13th July and the plan is to re-schedule for that date.

Anyone wanting their entry fee refunded, please PM either myself or Roy Winrow and we will arrange this - otherwise entries can stand for the re-scheduled event on 13 July.

We will endevour to contact all those entered, but would appreciate it, if you speak to any "non K9 ers" if you would pass the message on

Thanks

What a damn shame Steve. Still it's not worth the risk to our dogs.

thanks for letting us know mate. :thumbsup: could have been very nasty because we were thinking of bringing the puppies down :sweating:

Well done for taking the hard decision to postpone :thumbsup: I know it will mean extra work for you all but I'm sure its a wise step.

We had just heard there was kennel cough about and had just decided not to come anyway as we really don't want our dogs getting it just before we are getting a puppy :(

Oh my goodness, we live here and this is the first I have heard of an out-break, where did this information come from? That is quite a worry as we walk our dogs all over that area. Is the out-break in the whippet fraternity or generally in the Nympsfield area?

Best to be safe than sorry though. Glad you have a date to re-schedule to, we may have dogs fit enough to come to that event :thumbsup: Look forward to it :D

A very sensible decision :thumbsup: ....... Our lot will be ready for the re-scheduled one, which is lucky for us :D

Congratulations on having the courage to cancel. We will feel 'lost' all day but as a puppy is due in the next week, we couldn't take the risk.

Look forward to the re-scheduled date

Typical its taken me months to get the motavation to start racing Rosco & now this :( Better to be safe than sorry though

Worse still ive heard that there have been several cases of Parvo in the area :(

Good decision to cancel :thumbsup: We had already decided not to risk it either, our old Jenna probably wouldn't survive if she caught it. So, glad it's been re-scheduled :cheers:

Like Jane said better to be safe than sorry :thumbsup: We have puppies here too so don't want to risk it, we will be there in July :thumbsup: looking forward to it :thumbsup:

I've also heard of Parvo in the area, but Thornbury is apparently a hotspot for this.There has also been an incidence of Leptospirosis, so vaccinations need to be kept up to date.

Thanks to everyone for being so understanding about the postponement of our Open and your support for the 13th July.

Gracie is much better.It appears to be a dry strain of K.C. and so far the others ars are not affected. She could have picked it up anywhere,. She has been trialling at Cotswolds and West Somerset, but she also has daily runs around the fields in the village and at Nympsfield where we always meet other dogs, so could have contracted it there. It's that time of year! But again,thanks to everyone for their support.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back