The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

South Cotswolds .....

Strike Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Due to a few of our clubs open racers now coughing, we have decided to cancel ALL racing/puppy nights for the next 8 weeks :eek: ............This also includes our open which will also be cancelled for this year :sweating: ........Just to be on the safe side we are also going to keep away from coming to watch/help at any of the opens during this time :thumbsup: ..........Now I'm off to buy ear plugs as the thought of 8 Whippets and 2 Collie types coughing has given me a headache already :blink: :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about Connie - I hope they dont all get it :luck:

Rae said:
Sorry to hear about Connie - I hope they dont all get it  :luck:

Same here ........They'll all be ok, but I'm scared for Miya ........On the bright side though, it'll be great to have a good 8 clear weeks of no moaning or trying to "please" everyone :p (w00t) .....plus we really do need to redecorate lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
On the bright side though, it'll be great to have a good 8 clear weeks of no moaning or trying to "please" everyone
That's not a very nice thing to say Hannah. :(

Joanna said:
On the bright side though, it'll be great to have a good 8 clear weeks of no moaning or trying to "please" everyone
That's not a very nice thing to say Hannah. :(

I wasn't having a go Joanna ......As a matter of fact Miya, my 2 pups and my old girl are my main concern at the mo :thumbsup: ......Anyone running a club will tell you its a nightmare trying to keep everyone happy, ........So yes after 3 years of racing all through the year, it will be nice to have 8 quiet/easy weeks off ........Just hope I don't have to watch Miya die through it ......OK ???????

:luck: Miya will be OK. :wub:

She can always come here for a holiday -assuming we dont get it. :blink:

I'll give her back - promise :- "

I'll give her back - promise whistling.gif

Its not you giving her back that i'm worried about :eek: :teehee: lol .....I hear Gaz has a soft spot for her :D

He has - although he would never admit to having a soft spot :lol:

Strike Whippets said:
Due to a few of our clubs open racers now coughing, we have decided to cancel ALL racing/puppy nights for the next 8 weeks  :eek:   ............This also includes our open which will also be cancelled for this year  :sweating:   ........Just to be on the safe side we are also going to keep away from coming to watch/help at any of the opens during this time  :thumbsup:   ..........Now I'm off to buy ear plugs as the thought of 8 Whippets and 2 Collie types coughing has given me a headache already  :blink:   :wacko:
Hannah and Chris. :huggles: I'm so sorry. What you haven't said is that you are so worried about Miya getting this. I hope that your dogs all get through this fine.

Poor little Connie at her first open. It's called sod's law.

Strike Whippets said:
Rae said:

Same here ........They'll all be ok, but I'm scared for Miya ........On the bright side though, it'll be great to have a good 8 clear weeks of no moaning or trying to "please" everyone :p (w00t) .....plus we really do need to redecorate lol :D

It's damned hard work running a club isn't it. :thumbsup:

:lol: You are always decorating. We'll need photographic evidence that you and Chris aren't just putting up your feet and being normal again. Hmm 8 weeks of being normal people might just mean that you don't want to be mad people trying to run a racing club again. Don't do it. (w00t)

Fingers and toes crossed here for Miya.

Hannah, Sorry to guess that Connie Conkers has a tickle. AND we send love to Miya with fingers crossed that she gets it mildly, if at all.

You and Chris will end up talking to each other with no club for 8 weeks.

:- "

I hope you both come out of it alive! :D

Did the curve get set up or were things called off before Mayday?

Good luck with the ear plugs.

I hope Fleet doesn`t pick it up,too.

What is the incubation time for this lurgy?

I don`t want coughing dogs disturbing my kittens! :p

Isn`t life a bitch sometimes?

Good Luck. :luck:

Dandy,Magic, Liz and Gavin

I hope it misses the pups :luck: or they just get it mildly

Good luck for everyone one, hoping we all get through this ok :huggles:

BeeJay said:
Strike Whippets said:
Rae said:

It's damned hard work running a club isn't it. :thumbsup:

:lol: You are always decorating. We'll need photographic evidence that you and Chris aren't just putting up your feet and being normal again. Hmm 8 weeks of being normal people might just mean that you don't want to be mad people trying to run a racing club again. Don't do it. (w00t)

Fingers and toes crossed here for Miya.

Sounds great dosn't it :D ........8 weeks of NO having to re write the race card because of late bookings........ No more getting up at 6:30am on our day off so that WE with our trusted few can get everything sorted/race track set up for ALL to race .........And NO more worrying as to wether we have enough biscuits lol .......Hmmm I'm not really talking us out of running the club, but i'm quite looking forward to the time off really (w00t) :D

gavintasker said:
Hannah, Sorry to guess that Connie Conkers has a tickle. AND we send love to Miya with fingers crossed that she gets it mildly, if at all.You and Chris will end up talking to each other with no club for 8 weeks.

:- "

I hope you both come out of it alive! :D

Did the curve get set up or were things called off before Mayday?

Good luck with the ear plugs.

I hope Fleet doesn`t pick it up,too.

What is the incubation time for this lurgy?

I don`t want coughing dogs disturbing my kittens! :p

Isn`t life a bitch sometimes?

Good Luck. :luck:

Dandy,Magic, Liz and Gavin

LOL Gavin ........It'll be novel to be a normal (ish) family again ....... :lol: .......We're all looking forward to it :D

No they did Mayday and it went pefectly ;) .......(we'll have Magic and co ready for the last champs :thumbsup: )

The incubation period seems to be about 8-10 days-ish ......hope your boys are ok .......Magic ran sooo well on Sunday btw, you and Liz must be pleased :thumbsup:

And lets hope Fleets ok, but it does seem a very mild strain so I think even Miya will be fine now :) ........thanks for the well wishes :huggles: Hannah.

(w00t) OMG Hannah you never ran out of biscuits did you. (w00t)

Seriously it takes dedication to run a club week in week out.

Kim and Tilly said:
I hope it misses the pups  :luck: or they just get it mildly

:cheers: Kim ......Hope your girls are ok ......but luckily it does seem a very mild strain so in most cases they won't even need to see a vet ........ :luck: hope it bypasses your girls :thumbsup:

hi hannah & chris

it is a very very mild strain, (not ever had it before but what i can gather)my vet has told me that my girls are ready to go now BUT i will keep them off till morton. then i will decide who to run and who to rest.

and it seems to be that not everyone in the household is getting it, so far (fingers crossed) :sweating:

hope your babes get over it soon.

dave & lynne

Strike Whippets said:
Kim and Tilly said:
I hope it misses the pups  :luck: or they just get it mildly

:cheers: Kim ......Hope your girls are ok ......but luckily it does seem a very mild strain so in most cases they won't even need to see a vet ........ :luck: hope it bypasses your girls :thumbsup:

Havent had any symptoms yet :luck: Hoping we have missed it....

Im not going anywhere till, gloucester, that way i will know for sure :thumbsup:

conway said:
hi hannah & chris
it is a very very mild strain, (not ever had it before but what i can gather)my vet has told me that my girls are ready to go now BUT i will keep them off till morton. then i will decide who to run and who to rest.

and it seems to be that not everyone in the household is getting it, so far (fingers crossed) :sweating:

hope your babes get over it soon.

dave & lynne

:cheers: .....Connie had it very mildly ........Little Eirs still coughing after a week, Incas been :x since yesterday and now my poor Miya whos started coughing today looks like shit ...........It'll be the vets for her tomorrow :( ........ Oh what joy ;) .......Only the Twit, Ellie, Yasmine and the 2 pups to go :wacko: :wacko: ........We may see you all about Christmas time lol .......

So sorry about Miya :wub:

:luck: with her.

Gaz sends her a :huggles:

And so does Supe :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back