The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Southern Counties

nina

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just a word of warning to everyone who doesn't know the area where the Southern Counties Show is now held.

Hopefully most of you will have read in the Dog Papers already BUT for those of you haven't my advice to you is DO NOT leave any dogs un-attended in your car.

If you are bringing any unentered dogs/puppies to be left in the tent for "unentered dogs" make sure you bring padlocks for all cage doors & a chain to try & secure the cage to the bench.

There are several well known "sites" within this area & dog theft is rife, my own 2 were taken not far from this area & taken to one of these "sites".

As reported in the Dog papers this week several Agility shows have been held there lately & 2 white transit vans plus another have been regularly touring the showground & an attempt to steal a puppy was made.

I have also heard that these same "people" posed as "Security" & got onto the showground & things were stolen from trade stands.

I am not putting this post on to cause upset with ANYONE, if you choose to take it on board or simply ignore it, its down to you BUT i & i know a few other people live not far from this showground & i would just like to say PLEASE be careful, be vigilant at all times, keep your dogs safe & i hope you all have a fantastic day.

Nina

not right, is it nina? :angry: seriously, anyone attending must be alert and please take NO chances....i live quite close and i dare not walk my dogs locally for the same reason :(

lalena said:
not right, is it nina? :angry: seriously, anyone attending must be alert and please take NO chances....i live quite close and i dare not walk my dogs locally for the same reason :(

No Lalena, its not right BUT fore warned is fore armed & i would just hate for ANYONES dog to end up in that situation & i'm sure there will be people going who dont know the area so if it just makes them that bit more vigilant, all well & good. :thumbsup:

thats the main thing, isnt it :thumbsup: imo though, just spoils what should be a fun exciting day, not fraught with anxiety :(

lalena said:
thats the main thing, isnt it :thumbsup: imo though, just spoils what should be a fun exciting day, not fraught with anxiety :(

Yep, its a real shame BUT better to know & be aware. There were 3 dogs taken cage as well from an Exemption show in this same area last year & have NEVER been traced, the owners only went off to get an ice cream & plenty of people standing by the cage when a transit van drew up, 2 guys got out picked up the cage with the three dogs slung it in to the back of the transit & took off.

Although chased by several exhibitors, they have never been found.

I also i know that Saluki's were taken from a car at Reading which is just down the road at a racing event, think one was eventually found not sure about the other :(

lalena said:
:eek: in plain view? :rant:

Yes in plain view, apparently the van had been touring around then pulled up & waited for a while. Guess they saw the people walk off, i dont know, but it all happened so quick & they were away.

People gave chase thats all i know, thankfully i wasn't there. :(

losing my babies would kill me :( but it shows the bottle of these lowlifes, their determination..... :rant:

Yep,thanks a lot Nina,this will be our first time over and we DONT know the area at all so any info is muchly appreciated ;)

Many thanks for the warning! :cheers:

It's a very sad world we live in isn't it? :rant:

I will be keeping my little fella VERY close!!! :wub:

YES I HAVE HEARD IT IS NOTORIOUS IN THAT AREA A FRIEND OF MINE HAD SOMEONE TRY AND CALL HER DOGS INTO A VAN WHILST SHE WAS EXERCISING THEM :rant: :rant: THANKS FOR REMINDING US THOUGH NINA :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back