Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, she needs a further op

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kirsty Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello

My bitch was spayed last year and I noticed some aggression in her yesterday with my male dog (intact). Tonight he has tried to mount her and she is unhappy about this. I've checked her and she seems a little bit more 'open' than usual. No obvious discharge though. I'm aware of ORS and have the following questions:
1. Is this dangerous for my bitch?
2. If it's not dangerous for her, is it then acceptable to separate the dogs while she is in heat? (Loving family members willing and people at home for other dog to allieveate stress for both)
Trying to work out if another operatuoknos necessarily required before I put her through it. Obviously if it is I will do so without hesitation.

They should be separated while you get your bitch vet checked in case some ovarian tissue has been left inside her. Someone I know found her bitch had one complete ovary remaining. But even a small amount of ovarian tissue accidentally left inside will cause season symptoms, and there is a big risk of damage to both dogs if your male dog actually penetrates her.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back