The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Spondylosis

Juliatee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I recently posted expressing my concerns for my elderly field spaniel bitch thinking she was starting heart failure, and took her to the vet..He declared her in perfect health but was concerned her back is slightly arched so he felt along her spine and when he got to the sacroiliac are she sat down which he felt indicated she had some train in that area. She is not a dog who will squeak in pain unless it is dire. He thinks she may have Spondylosis which is common in older dogs and spaniels in particular (apparently)! And likened it it to lower back pain in humans. He suggested 3 doses of metacalm to see if she she cheers up and then to stop it it to see what happens before making any further suggestions.

Anyone else had this problem and what I can do to help her if this is the case. There are issues obviously with side effects with metacalm but I guess one has to weigh the benefits against them.

Grateful for any comments

Juliatee

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back