Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Springer Spaniel Looking For Home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joanna

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:angry: I have just met a lady on the common who has a lovely Springer Spaniel that needs a loving home. She was at a horse show in Wales a couple of weeks ago, and saw a man beating the dog. She challenged him, and he said "If you want the f*cking dog, you have it!" :rant: Nice person. She took the dog and tried to find him later, but he was gone. Megan is about a year old, liver coloured and has been speyed. She is fit and well, and is a typical energetic spaniel. She is at present living with a saluki/whippet cross, and a small terrier. Both of these dogs are older, and the lady who has rescued Megan feels that she needs to go to a home where she will get loads of excercise, and hopefully work. She is left alone for about 3 hours, though has been 'inquisitive' during this time. Not chewing, but jumping up and searching around. She's a lovely dog, nice natured, but nervous around men. If you are interested, please PM me, and I'll put you in touch with the lady who has her.

She is in Stroud Gloucestershire

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm would be so very tempted if i didn't have the boys - am sure gabster would love a spaniel buddy :huggles:

I'd have loved to have been there and done the same to the arsehole of a man :rant:

me too! id like to stroke him with a hammer!prat! :angry: hope she gets a lovely home after that.she deserves it poor little thing :(

As he gave the dog away and she has been spayed, do you think she could have been stolen at some point. Maybe someone is heartbroken and looking for her. Just a thought.

Just what I was going to say - he she been scanned for a chip?

Some really nice folk about aren't there.... :angry:

Rae said:
Just what I was going to say - he she been scanned for a chip? 
Some really nice folk about aren't there.... :angry:

I believe so, she has certainly been to the vet, and I think the lady may have had her spayed at her own expense.

:rant: :rant: To the man capable of doing this - not that he'll care! :angry: :angry:

Poor little Megan. Sounds like that lady is her guardian angel. o:)

:luck: Hope she finds a good home soon :luck: I'm not surprised she's nervous around men if he will do that in public what did the poor dog suffer at home, thanks god for the lady who rescued her :thumbsup:

I have just been to see the lady, her daughter is going to have a month trial with Megan as she is a lovely dog. They are having a small dacshund puppy in a couple of weeks though, and Megan may be two boistrous with the pup. She is going to ring me if it doesn't work out, so I'll update on the board.

Jo

Thanks for the enquiries, and yes, this lady has done a marvelous job. :))

Mum's springer Cass has always been excellent with pups. If she gets a bit tigger-ish we just tell her "gently, Cassie" and she calms down. Hopefully Megan will be fine with the new pup. :luck: :luck:

We need pics though, and shame on you Joanna for not sorting that out sooner!! :p :huggles:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back