The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stacking iggies

zilloot

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've been reading about IGs in the showring, the Breed Standard etc.

If an IG is stacked 'square' (unlike a whippet whose back legs are extended to cover ground), are you still aiming to have the hock bone vertical? That is, perpendicular to the ground like in whippies? And the back legs parallel? Some IGs seem to turn their feet out from the hock....

(ps. If this sounds a bit technical how's this for soppy: my Oldie whippet is 10years old today and I have made her a birthday cake WITH her name on it in red icing..... I'm trying to decide if I have the courage to post the pictures on K9 in case people think I'm some kind of batty :clown: (w00t) )

Zill +birthday girl

Go on show us the pics of her and the cake :)

Hmmmmmmmm! I have trouble stacking mine square because they actually have hind angulation and I have to watch I dont stand them like the whippets. Every thing about the IG is more upright than a whippet. Have attached a picture of one of the pups at 6 months, not the best stand in the world but should answer your question

View attachment 2250

Oh Jan!

Now that's the kind of shape that 'fills my eye'!!!! I think hind angulation looks far more natural than some of the more boxy pictures I've seen - little speedy things need to flex somewhere!

I'm having trouble finding Lilian Barber's book - is it something that would be available via breed-rescue, or at a breed show?

Many thanks for your time!

Zilloot

I have found it on Amazon.com. It does not appear on Amazon.co.uk.

My friend had it sent from the States as a christmas present for me so it can be imported. Lillian also has another IG book out as well. Jan

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back