The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Static

Lisa S

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone gets static when taking off their dogs coats that have fleece linings? He also has a snuggle bed which he adores but when he gets in or out I can actually see sparks if it is during the night :blink: . I also got to wondering if this makes him itch in his coats as when he has got his coat on he likes to rub around my legs like a cat or drag himself down every hedge in the street. He even snaked through a women's legs once who was standing minding her own business :- I just apologised and scuttled away quickly :b

Is he an odd bod or do others also get this?

Last edited by a moderator:
i get lots of shocks off the dogs, but ive always been well charged where ever i go :lol: , i hate pressing for lifts cause i know i will get a shock , also get them from elevators oh and the worse places are like debenhams with all the metal and lights on the counters :(

Yep, Foxy gets static really badly with fleece and itches and rubs the whole time, so much so that I have to leave the old girl without a coat because she loathes it so much.

I have just had Juley make her a coat with velvety soft fake fur lining. Absolutely perfect and no more itching :D

I get static from Grace in the car when she has been sitting on a fleece blanket. Fortunately she doesn't seem to mind! :unsure:

Yep, Foxy gets static really badly with fleece and itches and rubs the whole time, so much so that I have to leave the old girl without a coat because she loathes it so much.I have just had Juley make her a coat with velvety soft fake fur lining. Absolutely perfect and no more itching :D
Do you know I did not realise that he may be itchy as he does not try to scratch himself but I suppose that is what he is doing when he rubs against things - I just thought he did not like having the coat on. Fake fur lining may be the way to go - thanks!

It's funny that he will lay in his fleece snuggle bed for hours tho :))

Foxy has a close spiky rather harsh fur and I think it catches in the fleece in addition to the static. I got lucky, Juley just happened to have some suitable (not waterproof) fur lined fabric. Believe me, it is hard to find. Most fur fabric has quite long fibres short pile fur feels almost like long velvet. Talk about luxury, this is it

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back