The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stolen! Whippets

05whippet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I know this is already posted in the "missing" section of this board but I just really want to get this seen by as many people as possible...as there is no movement on it.

Four Whippets were stolen from their owners home in Nenagh,South Tipperary Southern Ireland on Fri 27th August,three of them were bred by us (Mossbawnhill) & I have attached their photos,unfortunately I don't really know an awful lot about the other dog & have no photo's of him. There are three males & one bitch...one male is a red fawn parti he is of medium build,another a red brindle with white trim who is quite a powerful & substanial dog & the third is another medium build blue brindle parti,the bitch is on a much finer scale to the three males & is an orange brindle parti all four all microchipped.I did'nt know much more than that until now as I could'nt get the hold of their owner but I have now spoken to Tony (their owner) & it seems that whoever stole these dogs were watching Tony's home very closely as his routine was totally different that day to any other Fri,they were taken between 4pm & 5.30pm and they rekon that there were at least 3 or 4 people involved,Tony lives on a busy road where there are always people coming & going & he has neighbours on either side of him....no-one saw or heard anything! The guards have been notified & have done their own extensive search of the area,Tony & some friends have also searched non-stop since Fri but to no avail.They have even gone to all the local gypsy camps to see if they could see anything there...again nothing.All the ports were notified by the guards immedaitely & all the dog pounds have been notified too as have the rescues, & the dogs details are also listed on the greyhound database. Posters have been made & put up everywhere! offering a reward no questions asked & no repercussions for the safe return of all 4 dogs..I have also contacted doglost & posted their details with them,so anyone who is a helper with dog lost can download the posters & please put them up anywhere that you can.I really don't know what else to do...? If anyone thinks of something that we have'nt covered please do let us know as any advice will be greatly received. Thankyou!

Tide__Small_.jpg

ds_IMG_0059__Small_.jpg

ds_IMG_0055__Small_.jpg

Dale__Small_.jpg

The_Circuit_08_008_edited__Small_.jpg

Those poor dogs, and their owners. I hope they're found safe and well quickly and I also hope they find the scum responsible and prosecute them.

The poor owners.

You think your dogs are safe in your own garden!

I would be inconsolable if my dogs were taken. I hope that they are located and returned home soon.

The poor owners. You think your dogs are safe in your own garden!

I would be inconsolable if my dogs were taken. I hope that they are located and returned home soon.
Eve,the more worryingfact here is that the dogs were actually in the house at the time that they were taken,so the people broke into the house to get the dogs!!! :angry:

Pamela...how terrible is this....... :( the poor owners too and you having bred them.....

those poor dogs...I just hope they are back where they belong soon.... :luck:

For once Im totally speechless , I cant bare to think how you, the owners and the poor dogs concerned must be feeling .

Please God for a happy , quick outcome

Can't say how much I hope these 4 dogs are found safe and well. How horrible that someone broke in to steal them.

Hoping and praying for their safe return, and thinking of you all.

Gill

I can only say I hope they are found soon.

I saw this on greyhound data yesterday But I didn't know that you bred them or that they had broken into the hosue to get at them it just shows that it doesn't matter what you do our dogs are not even safe in our own homes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so awful :( .............i hope they get found very soon :luck: :luck: ...........praying for their safe return.

Good luck I hope you get your dogs back safe & sound, we had our dog stolen a year ago. She was missing for a week. We put up hundreds of posters ( believe me you can't put up enough) with the help of dog lost we made Daisy too hot to handle and she was returned to us. We know how you are all feeling it is too horrible for words. I know you are a long way from us but if we can help in any way please let us know.

Sharon & Alec

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back