The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stuffing a Kong what treats?

Discussion in 'Dog Food and Diet' started by Chadders, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Chadders

Chadders New Member Registered

What do people stuff their Kong dispensers with? No matter what I put in whether it's a lot or a little. Bruce my American Bulldog manages to empty it within a few minutes. I've even stuffed it and frozen it still didn't last long!! This clearly isn't the idea of a Kong but Bruce doesn't get that :emoji_confounded:

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Is it big enough?

I use frozen (cooked and mashed) sweet potato, dog food, green beans, carrots, turnip - anything I have spare. Most dogs like mashed banana (mine doesn't). Yoghurt, peanut butter, kibble - loads of recipes online too.

3. Buddy1

Buddy1 Member Registered

We have the same issue with our dog: they don’t last very long whatever we fill them with:rolleyes:
    How is Bruce settling in? Love the name!

4. Chadders

Bruce is amazing he's settled in so well almost too good to be true!!! It's like he's never not been around we were going top get a Bullmastiff puppy. Then a Bullmastiff rehome but decided against it. Then we made the fateful visit to a dogs trust centre hence Bruce he was already named and we liked it. The rest is history as the saying goes.
    As for the Kong I'll be trying lots of different things and looking forward to the challenge

Buddy1 likes this.
  5. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Could you force a biscuit in that's just too big to come out easily? I couldn't do with with Jasper as he'd die of frustration and desperation but Bruce is likely to deal with life's challenges better!

6. Chadders

Yes I'll try a bonio type biscuit as a hole blocker