The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sudden death of my 6 year old chocolate lab

Quirkygirl

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I guess i should say ive stumbled here to help express my grief, i dont know what else to do.
Only 19 hours have passed since it happened, my beautiful girl Nutmeg is gone.
She was amazing , the most loving girl with a laid back nature.
It was so sudden, so unexpected and so very traumatic.
I dont know why , she was a healthy happy girl
I tried so hard to save her.
My heart is broken and life will never be the same

I am so sorry you have joined us under such painful circumstances. A sudden and unexpected loss at a young age must be devastating.

The Blue Cross has a pet bereavement service with counsellors who are trained to support people like you - maybe it would help to contact them? Pet bereavement and pet loss

But do feel free to share here if you find that easier. We aren't counsellors but we all have dogs that we adore.

I am so sorry you have joined us under such painful circumstances. A sudden and unexpected loss at a young age must be devastating.

The Blue Cross has a pet bereavement service with counsellors who are trained to support people like you - maybe it would help to contact them? Pet bereavement and pet loss

But do feel free to share here if you find that easier. We aren't counsellors but we all have dogs that we adore.

Thankyou so much , my head is all over the place i maybe have posted in the wrong place.

I will look at the blue cross

Yes, this is unfortunately very familiar to me. Heartbreaking time for you. In time, things will start to get better. Meanwhile, tell us more about your girl, and about the 6 years you shared.

Thankyou so much , my head is all over the place i maybe have posted in the wrong place.

I will look at the blue cross
No, please don't think you have posted in the wrong place - we will offer any support we can, we are here for you. The Blue Cross is another option.

I hope I didn't make you feel unwelcome :(

I know how you feel,I lost one of mine in the space of 30 minutes. Its the hours and days afterwards when you are trying to process how and why in your mind,could you of done anything differently, I've been there. All I can say is time is a great healer, sadness will always be there,but the memories of the good times will come shining through and put a smile on your face. No one can ever take them away from you.

No, please don't think you have posted in the wrong place - we will offer any support we can, we are here for you. The Blue Cross is another option.

I hope I didn't make you feel unwelcome :(
You didnt make me feel unwelcome, i just thought that i had maybe mistakenly posted info in the wrong place as my head is all over the place.

I phoned the Blue Cross and cried for an hour with a lovely lady called Sue. I wouldnt have known this was available without you telling me , thankyou for that.

It was a traumatic experience , happened so suddenly and without prior illness and is something id never want anyone else to through, my heart hurts so much

I still cant get my head around it, ive never heard of a seemingly perfectly healthy dog just suddenly passing away in front of their owners eyes.

I tried to save her.

I know how you feel,I lost one of mine in the space of 30 minutes. Its the hours and days afterwards when you are trying to process how and why in your mind,could you of done anything differently, I've been there. All I can say is time is a great healer, sadness will always be there,but the memories of the good times will come shining through and put a smile on your face. No one can ever take them away from you.

Its so raw , it was less than 5 minutes from onset i hope my beautiful girl didnt feel anything, her face looked peaceful not in pain

When you feel able, maybe tell us a bit more about her?

I had a dear friend who experienced this with her nine month old samoyed pup. I can only imagine how heartbroken you are right now. We are here to support, to listen and to encourage. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

So sorry for your sudden loss...my heart goes out to you.

Yes, this is unfortunately very familiar to me. Heartbreaking time for you. In time, things will start to get better. Meanwhile, tell us more about your girl, and about the 6 years you shared.
Thankyou for your words. Theres so much to say ... but my heart is so sore right now i dont know where to begin
.:emoji_broken_heart:
She was perfect right from the start
She was my bestfriend

When you feel able, maybe tell us a bit more about her?
Thankyou for your reply
Its been a hard weekend
Hopefully this next week the hard edges wil soften a bit and i can share about how totally wonderful she was ....
I wouldnt wish what i experienced on anyone ever, the only comfort i can take atm is that it was so sudden and the vet said she wouldnt have felt anything :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

I had a dear friend who experienced this with her nine month old samoyed pup. I can only imagine how heartbroken you are right now. We are here to support, to listen and to encourage. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Im so sad for your friend it truly is awful

I feel so sorry for you. This happen to my daughter's 9 year black lab she had a heart attack right in front of her and her children she had to do CPR on her but it was too late. It was awful I really feel for you.❤

Just to say that I’m so sorry and we are thinking of you. It sounds like she was a perfect pal and she will have known how much she was loved.

Take care of yourself even if it’s just getting outside in the daylight for a walk. Maybe later in the week you could share a photo or story if you feel able. All good wishes xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back