Surveys

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How does everyone feel about doing surveys?

You can tell it’s a certain time of the year because there are lots coming through!!

I have two more wanting people to complete.

Not mad on them myself, I sometimes start them and then generally either find the questions not that relative to me or the choice of answers not quite right for me to choose from, but then I can be a pernickety bugger!:D

I'm happy to help. I remember the days of trying to collect data myself - it was a bit harder then! You could always set up a separate category if you think people might be fed up seeing them, then people could just ignore that part of the site if they want.

I'm happy to do them, and people can always choose to ignore them if they don't like them. I can find badly structured surveys annoying, but at least on this site people will politely explain to the OP what the problem is, which will help with their learning.

I dont mind although many are only for the UK . But there are some that have very limited choice of answers so that youre forced into a half truth and I just know that the results will not be accurate.

I find a lot of them surprisingly poorly structured. I would have expected the posters to have been given some guidance in how to word a survey in a way that you get meaningful data but it doesn't look like they are.

I give up on a lot of them as I can't select an answer that is actually true so I suspect the quality of the data collected in most of the surveys on here is pretty poor.

I give up on a lot of them as I can't select an answer that is actually true so I suspect the quality of the data collected in most of the surveys on here is pretty poor.

Hence the importance of pointing out the problems, in the hope that the OP won't treat the data they get as reliable and draw false conclusions. Garbage in, garbage out.

Hence the importance of pointing out the problems, in the hope that the OP won't treat the data they get as reliable and draw false conclusions. Garbage in, garbage out.

As a lot of them seem to be Uni students I would really expect that to be the job of their tutors! I certainly remember being taught how to produce an effective survey as part of my degree.

As a lot of them seem to be Uni students I would really expect that to be the job of their tutors! I certainly remember being taught how to produce an effective survey as part of my degree.

Absolutely, it should be the tutors' job - I don't get the impression they've been told about the importance of doing a pilot study and getting some feedback before making it public, for starters. Possibly the aim isn't to get reliable data, but to teach them that it's really important to ask the right questions.

But you see bad stats everywhere nowadays, it's a dying art. Particularly when it comes to not inferring causation from correlation.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back