The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Teds Anchor

NEILPEM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
well done steve n julie bateson,in reaching the scottish derby with their dog teds anchor

Isn't this the 2nd year running they have got one in the Scottish Derby or was that one of the other derbies ?

:luck:

was talking to Julie this he's only a young dog the final is this saturday its on sky

And lets hope they win the final :luck: .... As both Julie and Steve deserve it :thumbsup: especially after the way they were chased out of whippet racing.

Dee

mutley said:
And lets hope they win the final :luck: .... As both Julie and Steve deserve it  :thumbsup: especially after the way they were chased out of whippet racing.
Dee

I was not in whippet racing when Mr & Mrs Bateson was racing ,so would someone please tell me in what way was they chased out of it?

The simple answer to this question is they were not chased out of anything --

They chose to finish racing whippets for thier own personal reasons --

Both Steve and Julie are far to strong in Character to allow themselves to be chased from anything ---

They in thier 30 odd years whippet racing had 55 champions -Many ---Sup --Ch of Chs

I hope they have as much success in greyhound racing --- it seems they are on course for that ---

I will also add they are two of the most genuine people I have ever met in the 59 years I have been on this earth

I am sure lots of others would tell you the same.Those who have never met them have definately missed out---

I consider myself very priviliged to have them as friends --- if ever I have any problems with any of my dogs Steve will go out of his way to call at my house along with Julie and give me his opinion on what ever it might be.

I must say in conclusion that the general feeling about these two lovely people throughout the whippet racing fraternity is -----

the sport and all in it are worse off without them --

if you need confirmation ask around-

Whippet Racings Loss Greyhound Racing Gain!!!!

The only reason I chose to answer this Question is so you get the truth--and not any

other.

I asked steve myself. :thumbsup:

Yes you are right they choose to leave the sport...and who could blame them after the way they were treated over the farcical drug testing at the time...whippet racings never been the same since, but they have gone on to prove they are as good with there greyhounds as they were with there whippets

Can only echo what Steve's said - lovely people, great loss to the sport and our region.

Wish them the best of luck with Ted's Anchor :luck: :luck:

Thats good enough for me Steve i wish them well with their greyhounds.

i wish them luck,but my tip is 1st ballymac niloc, 2ndwestmead hawk 3rd ballymac magnet probly all wrong but who cares ey

All off topic posts removed.

Feel free to start up another topic regarding drug testing as long as you stick to posting rules :wacko: :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on yer Vicky this was what i hoped would not be required---- :thumbsup:

when answering Milly ---

i really hope that they do well with this young dog

if i was a betting man i would follow steves dogs

he always likes to win therfore will be trying with all his dogs

--just like Jack Berry who always was in it to win it mode---

with his horses also from NORTH WEST :- " :thumbsup:

steve

had £20 on got 33/1 just looked the odds are down to 9/1

:luck: good luck :luck: i was reading over the topic there :luck:

:thumbsup: could some one please inform me and the rest of us who dont have sky how they get on to night please :cheers: good luck :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
teds anchor ran well finished 5th

derby was won by charlie lister trained fear me :cheers:

a massive achievement by 2 badly missed whippet racers :thumbsup: no one else could of done this they were the George Curtis of whippet racing now making there mark in the greyhound world well done Julie amd Steve best of luck for the future :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back