The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Teleporting poo bag!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by JudyN, Jul 29, 2020.

1. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

I use old bread bags for poo picking in the garden and often leave a bag with just one or two poos in it tucked away behind a plant pot close to the end of the garden next to a small beach spade for picking up the poos. Twice now, a half-full poo bag has moved from behind the plant pot to close to the fence at the end of the garden overnight (where there's a hedgehog hole big enough for foxes to get in and out). It's not been windy enough to blow it there, but the bag isn't emptied or ripped apart, which I'd expect if foxes were attracted to it. And you'd think if it's cubs playing with it, they'd go for one of the many dog toys on the lawn!

Any ideas? A prize for the most likely answer, and another prize for the most creative/funniest:D

2. lurcherman

lurcherman Well-Known Member Registered

Judy I always thought you talked a lot of poo, hehe

Biker John and JudyN like this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Gremlins.

But - I don't leave toys out overnight for risk of snail trials carrying lungworm.

Ragsysmum likes this.
  4. JudyN

Jasper's a grass muncher (and sedge - sedge is a particular favourite with him) so tidying his toys might not make much difference anyway, JoanneF! Plus if I went out there to pick them all up, he'd demand to come out and be played with all over again... (Plus I'm lazy...)

Finsky and JoanneF like this.
  5. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

My money's on your hedgehog. Though I don't know why it didn't rip open the bag and eat the poo. Maybe a very young one.

My friends who keep dogs in kennels and runs have often had hedgies trying to get at the poo, and every now and then a hedge actually gets into the run, which always means a sad ending for the beast.

6. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

I reckon it must be the poo fairy trying to find a bin to 'tidy' it away but she always gets interrupted and has to drop it and vanish before anyone spots her... very frustrating!!

Biker John and Finsky like this.
  7. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

That would be the Sugar Poo Fairy - the dyslexic sister of the Sugar Plum Fairy.................

Flobo, Biker John and Finsky like this.
  8. lurcherman

lurcherman Well-Known Member Registered

Or a realistic ghost person saying, POO happens..... I so wanted to say the S Word but I’m on probation so thought I’d be a good lad.

Flobo, Biker John and Mayblossom like this.
  9. JudyN

The plot thickens... I spotted one of Jasper's toys, an oval rubber ball, on the far side of the fence at the end of the garden yesterday. If it was a tennis ball I'd have assumed I'd got carried away with the ball chucker but I wouldn't have thrown this one over the fence. I reckon we have foxes coming in and entertaining themselves. This could explain another couple of toys that have gone awol.

As far as I know, we haven't had hedgehogs use the hedgehog hole we made for them, but we did see a fox using it before the wildlife camera died. I'm quite tempted to get a new one, but they don't seem to last long.