The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thanks for the invite, it all looks good so far.

Richardhb.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My name is Richard, I'm 70 and have an ageing Border Terrier called Daisy. She has a few problems from her past, that I'm trying to manage.

She seems to get acid flux, because she licks her mouth around, and dribbles. She is also a very anxious little girl, and licks her paws. We have tried all sorts to see if she has an allergy, but nothing we do has change anything.

I'd think most dogs foods are simply too rich for her. I'm gong to try more rice in her diet, and maybe cooked oatmeal is small amounts. Feedback would be great, she is too old for insurance now by the way? Best wishes all.

Burns dog food has a fairly high rice content, and although Chappie Original (in tins) looks terrible on paper, a lot of dogs with digestive problems find it literally a lifesaver.

I'd take her to the vet and get the inside of her mouth checked.

Does she get the reflux at specific times of the day? If in the morning, it can help to give a small snack at bedtime. But I agree with Hemlock about the vet check - her behaviour could indicate dental problems.

Yup - dogs chew a LOT when they're teething and their mouths hurt. Human babies too.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back