The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Club

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Astley & Tyldesley Miners Welfare Whippet & Dog Racing Club

Track Situated :playing Fields

Astley & Tyldesley Miners Welfare Club

Gin Pit Village

Meanley Road / Ley Road

Off Princes Avenue

Astley, Gtr Manchester

Racing/Trailing  every Wednesday from 6.45pm, time handicaps for Non Peds & Peds (registered & un-registered).

Lurchers, Greyhounds & Terriers welcome!!!!

For further directions / details call Vicky: or view map at Map

or visit : A & T Miners WRC

post-12-1085512259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

My name is Lucy and I'm hoping to come along to the club this week (26th April). My boyfriend Charlie and I have a four month old whippet called Boo and our friends who want to come too have a 12 month old whippet called Silas. We hope that it's ok just to turn up as we haven't been able to get hold of anyone on the contact numbers as of yet. Can someone let us know if there's anything we should bring along with us? My number is *********. We are really looking forward to seeing our little beauties having a race! Looking forward to meeting you all and your little streaks of lightening,

Lucy

Last edited by a moderator:
Loobyluce said:
Hello,My name is Lucy and I'm hoping to come along to the club this week (26th April). My boyfriend Charlie and I have a four month old whippet called Boo and our friends who want to come too have a 12 month old whippet called Silas. We hope that it's ok just to turn up as we haven't been able to get hold of anyone on the contact numbers as of yet. Can someone let us know if there's anything we should bring along with us? My number is ******. We are really looking forward to seeing our little beauties having a race! Looking forward to meeting you all and your little streaks of lightening,

Lucy

You don't need to bring anything - just turn up with you dogs.

I'll ring you later, i've taken your number down :cheers:

Loobyluce said:
Hello,My name is Lucy and I'm hoping to come along to the club this week (26th April). My boyfriend Charlie and I have a four month old whippet called Boo and our friends who want to come too have a 12 month old whippet called Silas. We hope that it's ok just to turn up as we haven't been able to get hold of anyone on the contact numbers as of yet. Can someone let us know if there's anything we should bring along with us? My number is *********. We are really looking forward to seeing our little beauties having a race! Looking forward to meeting you all and your little streaks of lightening,

Lucy

Lovely to meet you all tonight, Boo and Silas took to it no probs and they both loved Cara - Silas not for the same reasons as Boo though lol

Hope to see you again soon :thumbsup:

Hello my name is jordan my dad has always had greyhound but they have been trained by a trainer and race at ngrc tracks. I have had a lurcher called millie for about 2 years now and wonderd if i could bring her over some time to see if she will chase. Could you please reply with some information i know were the fields are but could you tell me times dates and what i would neeed to bring with me.

thanx

Jordan :) :cheers:

05CLAJ said:
Hello my name is jordan my dad has always had greyhound but they have been trained by a trainer and race at ngrc tracks. I have had a lurcher called millie for about 2 years now and wonderd if i could bring her over some time to see if she will chase. Could you please reply with some information i know were the fields are but could you tell me times dates and what i would neeed to bring with me. 
thanx

Jordan  :)                 :cheers:

Hiya Jordan

It'd be lovely to see a new face at Gin Pit.

We race every Wednesday from 7pm ish, you just need to bring your dog.

We are also holding a whippet event next weekend (14th / 15th July) racing will start at 1pm if you fancy a ride down to watch.

Hopefully see you there :thumbsup:

Do you do lurcher racing on the weekends ? and if i did happen to come along with my dog what would i need to bring ? :cheers:

05CLAJ said:
Do you do lurcher racing on the weekends ? and if i did happen to come along with my dog what would i need to bring ?  :cheers:
This weekend is just for whippets but you will get a run with your lurcher on Wednesday nights, you don't need to bring anything, just yourself, the dog and a decent lead.

:cheers: What time does it finish becasue my dad works nights and i would need to be setting back off home round about 8.30 so would that be a problem or would we be able to let her have a go early on ? :))

05CLAJ said:
:cheers: What time does it finish becasue my dad works nights and i would need to be setting back off home round about 8.30 so would that be a problem or would we be able to let her have a go early on  ?    :))
Yeh not a problem :thumbsup:

Vicky said:
05CLAJ said:
:cheers: What time does it finish becasue my dad works nights and i would need to be setting back off home round about 8.30 so would that be a problem or would we be able to let her have a go early on  ?    :))
Yeh not a problem :thumbsup:

I wont be bale to make it this wednesday but i think that ill come over on sunday about 1 o'clock after ive been to my dads greyhound trainer in Stockport

Is this phone number still the correct one. I need a contact number to pass on :D .

Fleesh said:
Is this phone number still the correct one. I need a contact number to pass on  :D .
Nooooooooo :- " I'll give you Mark's moby, he's always able to answer, if they phone me during the day they'll probably have no joy. 07843 595047 :thumbsup:

Hi will you all be there tonight just wondering as we mite be coming along to meet you all and to see if our dog can have a run! would be great if we can come along :cheers:

rachaelx-x said:
Hi will you all be there tonight just wondering as we mite be coming along to meet you all and to see if our dog can have a run! would be great if we can come along  :cheers:

think they have moved onto the bend racing now for the winter at WESTHOUGHTON GREYHOUND STADIUM thursdays around 6-3opm

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back