The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cold Weather

mark the moocher

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I would like to know people opinions on whippets wearing coats/ jackets when the weather is cold like this? I have lurchers with long coats and Mally is my first whippet. So any guidence would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

If I'm lead walking in this weather my 2 have their coats on.

If their going to be free running I take their coats off cos they generate enough warmth from running about but I put their coats back on when we get back to the car.

mark the moocher said:
I would like to know people opinions on whippets wearing coats/ jackets when the weather is cold like this? I have lurchers with long coats and Mally is my first whippet. So any guidence would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:
if ya dog is kenneld outside mark it shouldnt need one at all its coat will thicken to suit the time of year if its indoors then i would when just walking

i think it depends on the dog. my blue only wears one if really cold or raining out ..ollie feels the cold more so has coat on wen out and jumper in the house other weise he just sits ther shiveringhe also likes a blanket at night . he even likes to have his coat on if just going out the yard for a pee if its raining hard and if we dont put it on he just wont go out lol ... :- " hes prob just spoilt thou :p

If your dog seams cold and is shivering it could do with qa coat my lurcher is never cold indy the whippet can have a jumper and coat on and still be freezing. the others have coats on and off in verying degrees but I allways take there coats off when running but put them on after to stop them getting a chill. just like qan athalet does.

SOme whippets never were and never need coats its your choice

fallenangel said:
If your dog seams cold and is shivering it could do with qa coat my lurcher is never cold indy the whippet can have a jumper and coat on and still be freezing. the others have coats on and off in verying degrees  but I allways take there coats off when running but put them on after to stop them getting a chill. just like qan athalet does.  SOme whippets never were and never need coats its your choice

our beddie x whippet honey is a real wimp in the cold and rain so she wears a coat when needed especially when we had the snow as she was shivering so much bless her!!! mind you one day she disapeared in the bushes with her lurcher friend jack and came out with her coat up over her head! the tart!!!!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back