The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Starfish Story

urchin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is a story that I tell to people at work, when the task at hand just feels too big and daunting .... and i thought it might be helpful to all the people on here who seem to be agonising over whether they made the right decision to buy a whippet out of an appalling situation.

The Starfish Story

One morning after a huge storm a man is walking along the beach. In the distance he can see a woman whirling and twirling and doing a crazy dance.

He is curious, so makes a slight detour to take himself past her.

As he gets closer, he can see that the storm has washed a huge pile of starfish onto the beach and the woman is scooping them up and hurling them back into the sea, a small handful at a time.

When he draws level with her he shouts across "You're mad! There are thousands and thousands of starfish in that pile. What difference do you think you can possibly make?"

"Well" says the woman, launching a large starfish into the sea " I made a difference to that one and ....." sending another after it " I made a difference to that one too!"

Whenever you are not sure that what you have done has made any big difference in the grand scheme of things, remember the starfish. It's true, you won't have made any great difference to the thousands and thousands of dogs living dreadful lives - but between you, you've made a huge difference to that one, and that one and that one.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back