The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The tooth fairy killed my hamster

BEF

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My first pet was Sweety the hamster.
One night I put a tooth under my pillow and went to sleep.
When I woke up I looked under my pillow for the 50p that I was owed by the tooth fairy...., nothing.
My Dad said "maybe she got stuck in Sweetie's cage"
I went to look for her in the cage and found that Sweety had died.
The tooth fairy had killed her during the night and made her escape.
I never trusted the tooth fairy after that.

How did you're parents explain the death of a pet ?

Oh that's so sad! I do hope Sweety didn't die with a 50p piece stuck in her pouch:(

My first pet was also a hamster, called Kimmy. I can't rememer her dying, but I must have been going on 10 so had a good understanding of death. Come to think of it my dad's parents died when I was 4 and 7 so I'd had prior experience.

And when I played vets/hospitals with my toys and wrote up their medical records, my elder brother would sneakily update them saying that they'd all died:eek:

Reactions: BEF
I got a tortoise for my 7th birthday. He didn't make it through hibernation in the first winter, I was distraught. My dad took him away to bury him in the countryside in Glentarkie, in Perthshire. I still like to believe he did.

Reactions: BEF
I was only 7 when our dalmation puppy died from distemper ( he bought it with him from the breeders) My dad had been honest with us from the start but seeing that little body stiff and cold , curled up in his basket was still a shock ,so dad let us stay home from school that day. The next day I found my part in the school play had been given to someone else. I said " but miss our puppy died yesterday" she looked at me with cold eyes and said " so ? " its just a dog"

I've never forgotten the hatred and red hot anger I felt at that moment. I think thats when I realised I liked dogs more than people.

Oh dear I seemed to have killed the thread :(

Would it help to tell of a kid at my sons school. He was told his kitten had gone to live in heaven with the angels , his mum found him in the garden throwing cat food up in the air so his kitten wouldnt be hungry....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back