The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thera-paw Boots

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Some of you may have read on Facebook that Muffin has to have a corn removed on Wednesday and I was thinking of splashing out and getting him a really good boot. Have any of you used the thera-paw boots? I've worked out the size he needs but I'm not sure whether this will be any good while he still has his bandage on as that is going to make his paw thicker. I'm not sure how much leeway they have. If it doesn't work over Muffin's bandage do you have any recommendations as to how to keep his bandage dry while out?

Just really hope they can dig it all out and that is doesn't recur as I know they are prone to do. Poor Muffin - he really is very lame at the moment :(

I have walker boots, they velcro up and are neoprene with a leather sole. My whippet wore them several times after various mishaps and i bought small and med so they went over bandages. My small lurcher has also worn the med after splitting a pad. They have never come off even when the dogs have been off lead. Mine are about 7 years old and are still going strong. I got them from Jans greyhound gifts and their mail order service was excellent.

The other thing i have used in the past is the drip bags that the vet will give you if you ask, with a couple of slits in the top to put a tie through, very hard wearing.

Hope this helps and good luck hope all goes well.

I have walker boots, they velcro up and are neoprene with a leather sole. My whippet wore them several times after various mishaps and i bought small and med so they went over bandages. My small lurcher has also worn the med after splitting a pad. They have never come off even when the dogs have been off lead. Mine are about 7 years old and are still going strong. I got them from Jans greyhound gifts and their mail order service was excellent.The other thing i have used in the past is the drip bags that the vet will give you if you ask, with a couple of slits in the top to put a tie through, very hard wearing.

Hope this helps and good luck hope all goes well.
Thanks for that. I've actually ordered the disposable boots for the moment but I'll take a look at the ones you've recommended as they could be useful for the future if we don't get on with the disposable ones!

When Muffin had an accident at the age of 5 months the vet gave us a drip bag to cover his bandage. It kept falling off though, though it may work better on an adult whippet rather than on a puppy with thin legs! I'll ask for one if the other boots haven't arrived in time :thumbsup:

Hi , My Blake has corns and the only boots that are any good for taking the pressure off are Therapaw , they do come off when running but I only use them for road walking as on soft ground his feet are fine

Hope you are lucky and they dont come back....its so painful for them

I use Therapaw boots for Jess's corns, they are very padded and keep her comfortable even on hard ground, but I find on long walks I have to tighten them from time to time as they slip eventually (which is not good if we've been walking through mud). I wouldn't let her wear them for free running, as I'm sure they would slip off. They have to be fitted quite tightly, I don't think they would work over a bandage.

I have some of the disposable boots, I got them when Benji had a bandage on his foot. They worked well, but they are thin, they were fine around the house and garden but got shredded very quickly out on walks.

I use Therapaw boots for Jess's corns, they are very padded and keep her comfortable even on hard ground, but I find on long walks I have to tighten them from time to time as they slip eventually (which is not good if we've been walking through mud). I wouldn't let her wear them for free running, as I'm sure they would slip off. They have to be fitted quite tightly, I don't think they would work over a bandage.
I have some of the disposable boots, I got them when Benji had a bandage on his foot. They worked well, but they are thin, they were fine around the house and garden but got shredded very quickly out on walks.
I only really want the disposable ones for use indoors and for when they go out into the garden and maybe short walks while Muffin still has a bandage. I'm going to get a Therapaw boot for walking in once the bandage is off - people do seem to be pleased with them and it's probably a good investment. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine with a German shepherd, had a really bad deep glass wound, and he was recomended the bootsthat the Mountain rescue dogs wear. Ive seen his girl wearing them, they do not slip off and are brilliant for walking outdoors.

http://www.caninespirit.co.uk/categories/d...CFYEOfAodllThew
Some of those look really nice Janis - but also come at a nice price lol! Thought £15 for the Therapaw boots was expensive :-

Therapaw boots look well made but I couldn't get boot to stay on my greyhoundX's paw at all. I had to make do with temporary homemade paw protectors

Last edited by a moderator:
Therapaw boots look well made but I couldn't get boot to stay on my greyhoundX's paw at all. I had to make do with temporary homemade paw protectors
I sent the one I bought back. Muffin hated it although as it happened he didn't need it anyway as it wasn't a corn after all just a tiny, tiny piece of glass which was removed while he was under sedation - not even a general anaesthetic. We did use the disposable rubber boots on top of his bandage the first night (the bandage came off the next day - hardly a mark there!) and they were really good so I would recommend them for use over a bandaged foot - they stay on too :D

Willow had a corn removed but it soon returned. I pop a bit of duct tape on the toe pad when she gets hoppy and it seems to do the trick!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back