The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thinking Of Getting An Ig

abbey07

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i have a whippet and was thinking i would love another dog. Can anyone tell me if they know anyone with a litter of puppies in uk.

Would like to find a good breeder who shows as this is what i want to start doing.

Happy new year to everyone human and doggy :lol:

welcome!

Look on www.epupz.co.uk you'll find puppies and breeders on there.

x

Got to shows and get talking to people who show IGs that you like the look of. That way you will find out tons about the breed and what to look for. Or look for breed clubs on the net. Genuine IG people will be more than happy to point you in the direction of a good litter, though I'm sure you will have to be patient as the good ones will have waiting lists and IGs have quite small litters. Personally, I wouldn't go to a commercial website as you don't really know what you are getting and people could just be in it for the money. :( I'm sure that the best breeders would never need to advertise, and would only breed when they had homes lined up.

Welcome to K9 xx

I've got two iggy's and they are one of the maddest breeds i've come across and also the hardest to toilet train, Sophie is now 15months olds and has only just stopped pooping in her bed every morning, so hard to get they to go outside when it's cold. Dont get a puppy in the winter like we did as Sophie would never go outside to toilet despite having another dog in the house to show her the ropes. Oliver we got in April and he was so much better at going outside to toilet and has actually taught sophie.

Going to shows and breed clubs is the way to go, although just going there to ask about litters can upset some people but most will be happy to talk to you about these lovely but very demanding dogs. Do lots of research and perhaps try to meet some before you decide that this is the breed for you, I love mine but they can be very intense and also very demanding in looking after, I can only leave mine crated for 3-4 hours before they need to wee, it's good that I can come home at lunch on my work days to let them out. All these things need to be considered with this breed.

Buying an internet puppy so not always a good thing, both mine were purchased that way and although I love them dearly it would have been nice to have a breeder I could chat to for advice and guidance.

Good luck in your search

Jo Sophie & Oliver xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back