The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

This is so sad

Millie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Here is Christie, she's 11 yrs old a lurcher thats cat friendly and stands 25" at the shoulder.

He owner, a friends uncle, was found dead last week. He has owned her from a pup.

I told my friend whos looking after her at the moment that I would post her on here to see if anyone knows of a loving home for her

to live out her twilight years.

She looks so sad........... :(

Anyone intrested please email me,

Wendy.

Oh, how very very sad. I am sure she will find a super home. Who could resist? I could almost crack......

I hope she finds a new home to settle in to soon :)) She will certainly melt someone's heart :huggles:

a bit more info...... she also speyed and gets on well with other dogs :wub:

She's gourgeous!!

Would you like me to cross post/ link this on greyhound gap rescue forum?

Thats so so sad poor girl :( hope she finds a wonderful home she looks lovely.

Cheers

Steve

Have crossposted her on greyhound gap

I'm sure someone will not be able to resist her :wub:

She's a perfect girl by the sounds of it!

Hi,

I'm the lady Christie is 'lodging' with, thought I'd register and add some updates.

I've spoken to her vet now - turns out she may not be speyed after all :oops: - she had a 'pre pyo' but it seems to have been cleared by anti-biotics.

Apart from some recurring urinary infections, her health seems excellent. She was scanned earlier this year for this, and no major issues were found, so just a case of anti-biotics.

Her vaccinations are up-to-date, and she is currently insured - so hopefully this will be transferrable to a new owner.

Marina

poor old girl,hope you get a nice home to live out your twilight years in,best of luck

She looks a bit dazed,were these photo's taken after her owner had died,and she is settling in with her foster mum ?

What is she a mix of ?

Hoping she finds a loving home soon.

Lyd

Hi Lydia,

Not dazed, just me trying to take photos from too near :D

She's a greyhound, collie, bedlington mixture, I believe, although I do have this info from when we bought her as a pup, it's not to hand at the moment.

She's doing fine here, eating like a horse and very playful. We took her to Ascot Racecourse last night, and what a turn of speed on her, she doesn't know she's 11 years old.

She really is a sweetheart :wub:

Marina

:D Hi everybody, just an update on Christie.

She's still awaiting that right retirement home to come along.

She is an angel o:) Marina found out her paper work and it turns out shes ten coming up 11. here are the details......

1/8 Bedlington

1/8 Whippet

1/8 Saluki

3/8 Greyhound

1/4 Collie

Bred by Rob Wootton in Staines, if that rings any bells, looks like a hunting/coursing man from letterhead.

I'm sure if we all ask around we can find this lovely old lady a nice home. :wub:

Would you like me to crosspost to the Greyhound and Lurcher site? They get a fair bit of traffic. :)

:D Great news folks, Christie has gone to a new home tonight.

She will be living with a Lurcher mad lady called Lynda, assorted family and three other Lurchers. Fingers crossed that they all fall in :wub:

Many thanks for the help of this board and other Lurcher loving boards, let's hope this is the start of Christie's happy retirement.

Marina

oh i am soooo glad that christie has found a lovely new home,well done :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back