The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

This Is What You Get...

shenace

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Eldest daughter (aged 10yrs) has saved up hard & brought herself a new camera. Needless to say, we have 5 million photo's taken everyday :wub:

Friday afternoons are housework days, so the 2 legged off-spring are responsible for letting the dogs out for a run, picking up the poo & hosing out the kennels :D

Miss 10yr old takes her camera to the kennels, instructs Miss 8yr old to take some stack photo's of the babies who are 13wks & 1 day old (w00t) After a couple of hours & dogs have had a run, the 2 leggeds appear back in the house.. Miss 10yr old announces she got some pretty good piccy's on her new camera & "no offence Mum, but they are much better than when you stack them" :wub: :- "

Couldn't resist sharing piccy's of Austyn & Mya, do you think dog shows is in my kids blood????? :lol:

Above is Master Austyn and below here is Miss Mya The Maniac (w00t) both stacked by Kate & photographed by Renae :wub:

Aren't they doing a brilliant job!

Do they do any junior handling?

yep , they put mum to shame :oops: :lol:

, any chance of them coming over here to handle some of my gang :huggles:

Free board and lodgings ;)

The pups are gorgeous and the 2 legged ones as well :) They can come for holidays in Melbourne and stay with me anytime :)

(w00t) Both have done a fantastic job!!! :thumbsup: ........

Can I borrow them please? :- " :D

WOW :thumbsup: What clever girls...and gorgeous pups :wub:

Pauline

To answer your question...YES! I think it is in their blood!! They are doing a super job...I think you have a budding young handler and a photographer on your hands there! :D

Pups are looking great btw :thumbsup:

Thanks for such lovely comments :wub:

Kate (10) is a dog maniac - at the ripe old age of 10 yrs, she has handled her fawn & white Rare Rogue granddaughter to All Breeds Best In Show :wub:

At 8yrs she won our National 8 - 11yr YKC Breed Handling Stakes for all of NZ. The following year again she won was the overall winner for the 8 - 11yrs at 9yrs of age (with an international panel of judges competing against kids from all over NZ).

Her goal in life is to win the NZ handling heat that gets her to Crufts :wub: She has another 2 yrs before she can compete for this awesome trip and I would suspect it would be a couple of years after that before she was seriously a contender as we have some phenomonal junior handlers here in NZ :thumbsup: Kate has handled whippets, beagles, samoyeds, boxers, pekes, pointers, english springers, irish setters, labradors & the list goes on - she sniffs out people who have to many dogs to show so she gets another turn in the ring, she is obsessed :blink:

So, these babies I see on K9 now, should be just about perfect age & maturity for when we get to venture to the UK - I will be hitting you all up for "loan" dogs for the handling heat (w00t) (w00t)

Lida, Melbourne is just over the ocean, I am sure Kate would LOVE to do some handling in Oz, PLUS she is a great little vacuum cleanerer, makes the best cups of tea & is a dab hand at filling up the wine glass (for me, not for her!!!) :lol:

Renae 8yr old is going to be a marine biologist, so her photography skills are getting honed in on :lol: Having said that, she has recently been whipping her sisters butt in junior handlers :p with a pekingese :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
love seeing photos of kids with and dogs :wub:

pups are stacked lovely and photography is great too :cheers:

if anyone over here has an excess of dogs Natalie will be happy to help , she loves it :D and there are 3 of us fighting over Bliss :lol: :lol: :lol:

saraquele said:
love seeing photos of kids with and  dogs  :wub:
pups are stacked lovely and photography is great too  :cheers:

if anyone over here has an excess of dogs Natalie will be happy to help , she loves it  :D   and there are 3 of us fighting over Bliss  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

send her my way sharon , with often 2 whips and 2 igs at champs shows im a mad woman running between rings!!! (w00t)

posh totty said:
saraquele said:
love seeing photos of kids with and  dogs  :wub:
pups are stacked lovely and photography is great too  :cheers:

if anyone over here has an excess of dogs Natalie will be happy to help , she loves it   :D   and there are 3 of us fighting over Bliss  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

send her my way sharon , with often 2 whips and 2 igs at champs shows im a mad woman running between rings!!! (w00t)

anytime your at a show this way then feel free to pinch her for a while :thumbsup:

They are great photos, mum you really must keep up. LOL. (w00t) :D On a different topic entirely, what is the dog showing scene like in NZ? What sort of shows do you have and do you have to travel far to shows? Hope you don't mind me asking? :D

What a clever duo you have there :thumbsup: The children are pretty talented too :teehee:

Yvonne

:huggles:

Talk about junior handlers! Some of them won't handle a grown up "show machine" right, and she can make a puppy stands so well!

shenace said:
Thanks for such lovely comments :wub:
Kate (10) is a dog maniac - at the ripe old age of 10 yrs, she has handled her fawn & white Rare Rogue granddaughter to All Breeds Best In Show :wub:

At 8yrs she won our National 8 - 11yr YKC Breed Handling Stakes for all of NZ.  The following year again she won was the overall winner for the 8 - 11yrs at 9yrs of age (with an international panel of judges competing against kids from all over NZ).

Her goal in life is to win the NZ handling heat that gets her to Crufts :wub:   She has another 2 yrs before she can compete for this awesome trip and I would suspect it would be a couple of years after that before she was seriously a contender as we have some phenomonal junior handlers here in NZ :thumbsup:   Kate has handled whippets, beagles, samoyeds, boxers, pekes, pointers, english springers, irish setters, labradors & the list goes on - she sniffs out people who have to many dogs to show so she gets another turn in the ring, she is obsessed :blink:

So, these babies I see on K9 now, should be just about perfect age & maturity for when we get to venture to the UK - I will be hitting you all up for "loan" dogs for the handling heat (w00t)   (w00t)

Lida, Melbourne is just over the ocean, I am sure Kate would LOVE to do some handling in Oz, PLUS she is a great little vacuum cleanerer, makes the best cups of tea & is a dab hand at filling up the wine glass (for me, not for her!!!)  :lol:

Renae 8yr old is going to be a marine biologist, so her photography skills are getting honed in on :lol:   Having said that, she has recently been whipping her sisters butt in junior handlers :p   with a pekingese :blink:

Well I am certain that whatever they choose to do later in life they will excel,they both obviously have the determined outlook that is nessecary to succeed and have done extremely well so far...I shall keep my eyes peeled for them at Crufts in the future then. :thumbsup: And could very well be calling on their skills too :D ;)

Juley said:
They are great photos, mum you really must keep up. LOL.  (w00t)   :D On a different topic entirely, what is the dog showing scene like in NZ?  What sort of shows do you have and do you have to travel far to shows? Hope you don't mind me asking?  :D
The dog show scene in NZ is pretty much like anywhere else in the world I would think. There are some awesome people that make dogs shows loads of fun, we tend to set up our crates etc & then toddle around from one camp to another with the ol wine glass looking for replenishment (w00t) And of course, with any competitve sport, there are the green uglies, politics does rare it's ugly head, so you learn to keep good records & stay away from those shows :(

I live in the Auckland area with is nearer the top end of the country, we live 45 minutes away from our NZKC show grounds in Ardmore. Summer shows are held outside & winter shows in our indoor venue, it is great. We don't bench dogs here, in summer time we set up our gazebo's & crates in designated areas by the ring, winter just crates around the ringside. As it is our winter, the shows tend to slow down, however, there are quite a few shows in Wellington, the lower North Island - it is about an 8hr drive, so we don't bother going down that far. The most we travel is 4hrs, but we have lots of shows within a 2 - 3 hr radius - and of course the Ardmore shows are only 45 minutes away.

Entry fee's are on average $10 per show for a champ show - we get around 20 - 25 whippets. Most shows we go to have international judges, however, there are shows with kiwi grown judges also. Mostly our judges come from Australia, however, we had a spate of Canadians for a while, we do get some Americans, Sth African's, a few from the UK, Greece, Thailand, Singapore... Our champ shows numbers are dwindling down & our All Breeds shows seem to sit around the 800 mark these days & of course there are little country shows that struggle to get 500 dogs. Our YKC (Young Kennel Club) is coming ahead in leaps and bounds so we have a new wave of handlers coming thru - our kids can start entering the stakes at 6yrs of age - brilliant!

With petrol now hitting $2.10 per litre, people are being a bit more selective in travelling, it is not cheap exercise when you throw in accommodation factor - we do tend to bunk in together to help reduce costs - amazing how many people you can squash into a 4 bed unit - at least double!!!!!!!

I love dog shows & often feel jealous hearing all of the show on offer in Australia, sometimes think of packing up & moving over there, but then, they have much more travelling & yukky things like snakes & ant's that bite - I loathe bugs, so we will stay in the land of the hairy white sheep (w00t)

Great little handler and a good photographer too :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back