The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Todays Walk

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
(w00t) today ive been told by some know- all bloke on my dog walk that eddie is'nt a whippet......he is a spaniel x mongrel because he does'nt remotely look like a whippet :angry: .....i've been ripped off apparently (w00t) (pmp at this point because i bred him) ...didnt have the heart to put him straight and just left him and his dog to carry on there walk :teehee:

I know he's a bit unusual....but spaniel x mongrel????????????????

IMG_0395_copy.jpg

michelle said:
(w00t) today ive been told by some know- all bloke on my dog walk that eddie is'nt a whippet......he is a spaniel x mongrel because he does'nt remotely look like a whippet :angry: .....i've been ripped off apparently (w00t) (pmp at this point because i bred him) ...didnt have the heart to put him straight and just left him and his dog to carry on there walk :teehee: I know he's a bit unusual....but spaniel x mongrel????????????????

How dare he talk to u like that, next time u see him, put the boot in

:- "

We have a couple of know all dog owners in the dog club - one in particular keeps saying - "believe me" on everything she says - gets quite annoying! Everyone just keeps quiet around her now! Perhaps it was the colouring of your gorgeous whippet that made him think it was a spaniel cross? He is unusal but very lovely! It certainly is usually better to keep quiet in these circumstances as often they won't listen to being corrected about anything!

midlanderkeith said:
michelle said:
(w00t) today ive been told by some know- all bloke on my dog walk that eddie is'nt a whippet......he is a spaniel x mongrel because he does'nt remotely look like a whippet :angry: .....i've been ripped off apparently (w00t) (pmp at this point because i bred him) ...didnt have the heart to put him straight and just left him and his dog to carry on there walk :teehee: I know he's a bit unusual....but spaniel x mongrel????????????????

How dare he talk to u like that, next time u see him, put the boot in

:- "

By the way, weres dullsville

I got the feeling that even if i'd put him straight i'd be wrong :- " so it just was'nt worth it.

I live in nantwich....really nice area but pretty dull :blink:

michelle said:
I got the feeling that even if i'd put him straight i'd be wrong :- "  so it just was'nt worth it.I live in nantwich....really nice area but pretty dull :blink:

Nantwich, well once again bugger me, im right next door to you

arent u the lucky one

keith

midlanderkeith said:
michelle said:
I got the feeling that even if i'd put him straight i'd be wrong :- "  so it just was'nt worth it.I live in nantwich....really nice area but pretty dull :blink:

Nantwich, well once again bugger me, im right next door to you

arent u the lucky one

keith

Oh and by the way eddie is a lovely dog and if i was a whippet bitch, id love to be sired by him

keith :eek:

We had one of those know-it-all people around here that told us our last whippet Jack was infact a Greyhound, didnt matter how much we told him he just kept on about it, gave up in the end and said yes maybe your right and walked off.

I thought Eddie was a Doberman!!!!

Bugga me you learn something everyday

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL ......Spaniel x :lol: :lol: ..........I thought it was bad enough at Frampton fair when I got told Miya was a beautiful lurcher :eek: ........but at least they were on the right group of dog .........I guess it must be the handsome Eddies semi long coat, and long floppy ears that may have mis-led him :D

Some people (w00t)

Eddie is a lovely colour, and a lovely WHIPPET :wub:

Perhaps the clever man should apply to go on "Weakest Link" and share his general knowledge with the wider world! Anne Robinson would make mincemeat of him :- "

It's OK Michelle according to some Kerri is still an Italian Greyhound ... not the spindley legged ones he says - one of the proper ones (w00t) .

Oh - that's my response.

Fleesh said:
It's OK Michelle according to some Kerri is still an Italian Greyhound ... not the spindley legged ones he says - one of the proper ones  (w00t) .
Oh - that's my response.

Had the same thing once in a professional capacity: had my much beloved welsh cross gelding (carthorse!!) vetted for view to buy by the cheapest vet in town. Good to know that he was sound in heart & limb but also that he'd suddenly become a pure bred arab, (Archies status in the world suddenly went up somewhat!) Therefore after so many people in the pub had asked if my 6 month old whippet puppy was an Italian Greyhound, I just said yes and made them think I was rich! Lovely colours, amazing how colour can influence our perception of breeds. Ps I wouldnt put the man right at all, think how much pleasure he gets from being right all the time.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back