The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Training Clubs Near Widnes

Esty

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello

Does anyone know of any good dog training clubs near Widnes that will accept my 12 year old son as well as me? I've been to Ditton DTC in Widnes but they said they don't have under 16s :( Am going back next week to ask again and get their reasons but if it's not negotiable I'll have to defect! Would be willing to travel to St Helens/ Warrington/ Runcorn/ South Liverpool etc.

Thanks for any pointers.

Hello Esty,

I live in Warrington and saw a leaflet in my vets on Friday about a training club where children were welcome. I will call in tomorrow and get the details for you.

Lizzie :)

It would be worth looking at the APDT site http://www.apdt.co.uk/

They have a 'local dog trainers' section where they list trainers in each county and what sort of classes they run. APDT trainers are qualified and are committed to using kind/reward based training methods.

If you find a class it's a good idea to go along for a look before taking your dog. I made the mistake of just turning up at one a couple of years ago and it was awful - complete chaos with too many dogs and an instructor that stood in the middle and yelled at everyone and encouraged people to train using choke chains and by pulling the dog around. I walked out after about half an hour.

Thanks to both of you :thumbsup:

Lizzie, that's really nice of you - if you want to tell me the name of the vets I could ring and ask to save you actually going there.

I've had a look online - there's a good one Liverpool but it's full till March, and another in Helsby but would be expensive for two dogs :(

Just a shame our local one won't take kids as it's walkable from our house.

I was calling in anyway to pick up a perscription so no trouble :)

Contact is - Jo Wriglesworth 07951534430 / 01925 730604 hotdogtherapy@hotmail.co.uk

Mondays at St John UR Church Hall, Wilderspool Causeway

Fridays - Stockton Heath - No further address given.

Not sure if she is APDT qualified but the vet nurse I spoke to said she has received lots of good feedback about the classes.

It does say children welcome but does not specify ages.

Good Luck :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back