The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Training To The Lamp?

Baiman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Being somthing of a newcomer, could anyone please offer any advice on training my collie/whippet bitch on how not to break the beam whilst lamping rabbits? She is really keen and requires little encouragement during daylight hours, but due to the hours I work, we only get to go out after dark in the winter months.

We also have to travel nearly 60 miles to the only place that we have permision, so if anyone can offer any advice that may help her efforts more rewarding and prevent her from becoming frustrated then I would be most apreciative.

alot of xperiance on this site m8 some one will be able to tell you

hang in there

I have 2 working lurchers, one runs the beam one doesn't but the outcome is the same for the rabbit. as far as training goes my 2 picked it up themselves i just let them run the way they feel comfortable doing. so in my opinion just stick with it and your dog will find her way of doing things. but as i say its just my opinion.

:cheers:

Can't see a problem with your bitch running out of the beam.As long as you keep the lamp on the rabbit she'll see it.Assuming the rabbits are running to cover,she could be trying to cut off there escape.You could shake the beam at the hedge as the rabbit approaches(hope that makes sense)some don't agree with this,but if it helps keep the rabbit out in the field long enough for her to have some success then its worth having a go :D Karen

Baiman said:
Being somthing of a newcomer, could anyone please offer any advice on training my collie/whippet bitch on how not to break the beam whilst lamping rabbits? She is really keen and requires little encouragement during daylight hours, but due to the hours I work, we only get to go out after dark in the winter months.We also have to travel nearly 60 miles to the only place that we have permision, so if anyone can offer any advice that may help her efforts more rewarding and prevent her from becoming frustrated then I would be most apreciative.

hi do u ave a pic of ur colliexwhippet? i ave a colliexwhipprtxgreyhound. hes 11mths am taken him out this wk on the lamp 4 the 1st tim. he is my 1st lamping dog so am newcomer to. i ave'nt cum across another collie cross so am intersted to c urs if u ave a pic plz.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back