The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Training Treats

sue burton

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
what do you all use for training and reward treats for your little people dogs not kids :lol: :lol: :lol:

when they are very young and getting fat isn't an issue, then we always use tiny cubes of cheese or some small pieces of cooked chicken.

whatever you decide to use keep it entirely for training and don't give it at any other time, so that it really is a special treat xx

I use 'happy walks' which come in a little plastic box which when shaken really gets the attention...Bluebell loves them and even tiddly Daisy can eat them quick out on a walk.

Liver cake works a treat, I've always got a pocket full much to the delight of all the labradors in the park :D :D cooked sausage is good as well and ham too

i chop up those horrible smelly hotdog sausages :x

I always used cooked chicken or liver cake, Sue :thumbsup:

TBH, food treats weren't high on my gang's agenda because they were never hungry enough to see the advantage in behaving for one :lol: :sweating:

liver cake recipe :D :D

8oz lambs liver

4oz self raising flour

2 eggs

2 cloves garlic or 2 tsps garlic puree

Put all ingredients in a blender and whizz until mixture is smooth, pink and runny (not too rigid a requirement if you prefer to make it a bit chunky). Pour into a greased swiss roll tin (I line it with baking parchment) and bake in oven a gas mk 4, 180C. for 30-40 minutes.

Leave to cool and cut into bite size pieces.

I freeze it in a container and just take out a handful when needed

liver cake recipe :D :D 8oz lambs liver

4oz self raising flour

2 eggs

Put all ingredients in a blender and whizz until mixture is smooth, pink and runny (not too rigid a requirement if you prefer to make it a bit chunky). Pour into a greased swiss roll tin (I line it with baking parchment) and bake in oven a gas mk 4, 180C. for 30-40 minutes.

thanks will try it

I make the same recipe, but instead of using liver, add a 425g can of Tuna.

Karen

I use hot dog sausges wash the brin of first as its salty i chop a hole tin up and then just ahve then in a tupawere boxs in the frigde ready. i used to use tiny bit of cheese but my youngets pup is very lactos intolarant and can only have goats cheese so hot dog sausges por when i gte the chance the liver cake but i have to make it when there out or they go mental

liver cake recipe :D :D 8oz lambs liver

4oz self raising flour

2 eggs

Try the same recipe but substituting the lamb's liver for chicken livers. Favourite in our house.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back