The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Traumatic Walk This Morning

J.T.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This morning was a lovely bright frosty morning. Just right for a lovely long walk with the dogs. I met up with 3 friends & their lurchers & off we went. I'd let Hebe & Scrumpy off lead but kept Rafferty bedlington on as he'd been reluctant to come out at all :(

We got half way down the hill towards the river when I realised Hebe had gone AWOL. I called & called & in the end had to go back up the hill to find her. She was mooching about in the undergrowth eating some food that some :rant: :rant: had thrown down on the floor. Well, where food is involved Hebe is deaf to anything else so for 5 mins I tried to get her out of the bushes, I even ended up lobbing sticks at her to try & flush her out. Eventually I managed to head her in the right direction & one of my friends got hold of her & off we went again, by this time I was really cross with Hebe but more so with the :rant: who left the food there.

Just before backtracking I'd finally let Raffy off his lead & in all the fuss he'd decided to follow me back up the hill & he'd then just kept going & was heading home again. Well, I was still feeling really annoyed so I just let him go. I phoned my OH & asked him to come out to meet Raffy as I'd had enough & was carrying on with the walk. Raffy has taken himself off home a few times & there are no roads to cross so I wasn't overly worried & knew Neil would get to the park gates before him & take him home.

Then I started to fret & realised I'd have to go back for him, so up the hill again, it got steeper every time :lol:

By the time I'd puffed my way back up there was no sign of Raffy & then Neil appeared without him & that was when I started to worry.

Anyway.....there were 5 of us all calling him & asking everyone in sight. No Raffy :sweating:

Finally, 40 mins later he appeared right where I'd last seen him, looking at us as though we'd all gone mad. The little furry fool must have been there all the time, hearing us calling & just ignoring us. He'd not been far as he wasn't panting & hadn't been running. I think he'd been eating some more of the food & was just otherwise engaged :rant:

Then it took us another 15 mins to find Neil who'd gone off in a blind panic & didn't have his phone on him :blink:

So much for a lovely relaxing walk.

Tomorrow the bedlington will get his own way as I'll just leave him at home. -_-

If I could have got my hands on the prat who keeps dumping food I'd be up for GBH now :rant: :rant:

Am I bovvered? :wub:

What a walk - I'm feeling stressed just reading about it :wacko:

A large glass of something alcoholic called for, I reckon :huggles:

ahhhhhhhh our hounds where would we be without them!!! :- " (w00t)

they do try our patience at times dont they!!! :)

how is the ever gorgeous hebe?? :wub: im sure i havent had a piccy lately !!!! :- "

When one of my whips was a young pup, i let him off in a field that was used by fishermen....

He disappeared in a bush and when I called him, he came running with something in his mouth...he was so happy.

I went to take the present out of his mouth....it was a human turd :blink: :x :x :x

Apparently the fishermen used the bushes when caught short :x

my OH thought it was soooooooo funny....he saw me squeal and shake my hand violently :x :x

jeanyg said:
When one of my whips was a young pup, i let him off in a field that was used by fishermen....He disappeared in a bush and when I called him, he came running with something in his mouth...he was so happy.

I went to take the present out of his mouth....it was a human turd :blink:   :x   :x   :x

my OH thought it was soooooooo funny....he saw me squeal and shake my hand violently :x   :x

OMG!!!! :x sorry but pmsl here!!! :oops:

Aww..you can't be angry with him for very long :wub: . He's not daft is he....it all went exactly to plan :- "

Drives me mad too when people dump food - eat it or put it in a bin. I'm sure some think the "little woodland creatures" will come and eat it but I'm yet to find a rabbit that likes curry and rice or three day old mouldy bread :rant: .

Not nice when you get home and end up with a pukey dog :x .

jeanyg said:
When one of my whips was a young pup, i let him off in a field that was used by fishermen....He disappeared in a bush and when I called him, he came running with something in his mouth...he was so happy.

I went to take the present out of his mouth....it was a human turd :blink:   :x   :x   :x

my OH thought it was soooooooo funny....he saw me squeal and shake my hand violently :x   :x

:x (w00t) :x I thought you were going to say he'd brought you a mouthful of maggots ( Hebe's done that before now, but she eats them, not brings them back)

That's so funny & gross. I nearly spat my wine all over the screen when I read that.

Hebe once rolled in a load of human poo, she did share it with her Standard Poodle friend tho. Can you imagine getting poo out of all those curls :x

Don't you just love em?? There have been no ill effects from whatever it was they ate. Some daft :rant: regularly leaves all sorts of stuff "for the foxes" Yeah, foxes love coleslaw, salad, cheese butties. Especially as there is a field full of bunnies nearby.We all have our suspisions who is doing it but we've not actually caught them at it yet. Oooooohhhhh, just wait till we do (w00t)

Tanya..... I'll get Hebe to pose for you tomorrow. Special Christmas piccy coming up soon :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back