The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tripe

joeorcheston

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does any 1 feed there pup or adult lurcher Tripe.

i feed it now and again some people hate feeding it some love it.

can i have ur views on it.

thanks Joe

joeorcheston said:
Does any 1 feed there pup or adult lurcher Tripe.
i feed it now and again some people hate feeding it some love it.

can i have ur views on it.

thanks  Joe

:p Hi Joe, I use to feed tripe to my other dog that is nolonger with use :(

he loved it, but in the summer it would stink to high heavan. When you feed

tripe the dogs poo comes out black, the only thing i did'nt like was because

it was soft the dog over the years had problems with his teeth, a build up of

tarter and Pippy was'nt a lover of bones so they never seemed clean. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps. :teehee: Diane.

im feeding my pups raw tripe and raw chicken mince from landywoods and they are doing great on it aswell as raw fruit and vegetables ,i use hills science plan as

a snack during the day.

good hunting

rew

rew said:
im feeding my pups raw tripe and raw chicken mince from landywoods and they are doing great on it aswell as raw fruit and vegetables ,i use hills science plan asa snack during the day.

good hunting

rew

i have my pup on tripe 2 and he looks good on it, but some 1 said 2 me dont give him any its no good 4 them.

but hes still on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When my two were on dry dog food my jrt was too skinny. Once I started adding tripe to their diet he came up to a decent weight. I took it one step further and changed them over to a raw diet; which they both do really well on. :thumbsup:

If you are feeding tripe make sure it's green tripe you are feeding; the white tripe you can get from butchers has little nutrion in it worth giving.

i would keep your pup on it matey.i know people who have fed it to there dogs for years and never had any problems with it.this was the first time we ever fed raw meat to our dogs and im really happy with the condition of our pups.

good hunting

rew

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, when my greyhound x whippet pup wasnt putting on weight and was a little on the 'loose' side behind :x , my vet advised me to feed white tripe. My butcher questioned this, as white tripe is 70% water and in his opinion, wouldnt benefit the dog in any way.

After 4 days on tripe, my pup ended up producing this :x :x :x :x

S7000915.jpg

so I stopped feeding it and went onto minced lamb breast. I have since been told that green tripe, which is unprocessed, is the only tripe worth feeding.

I have had sighthounds for over 30 years now and have always fed my dogs on green tripe, no problems at all :thumbsup:

White tripe has no nutritional value whatsoever, and is only good as a "stomach filler", green tripe is far better, and recently we've been getting "red tripe", whatever that may be, but the dogs love it !!! They get it about once a week, as part of a BARF diet.

I'm confused. White tripe, red tripe, green tripe. I buy my boy frozen tripe and I don't even know what colour it really is.But I think it's white. So what's the difference? And where do I get red and green tripe from? My deerhound/greyhound boy loves his tripe but no other uncooked meat-even venison.And he turns his nose up at the other choices of frozen turkey mince/rabbit/mince/beef mince/etc etc.So-- he prefers tripe.But what sort of tripe is best for him? And who are the suppliers of green and red tripe?

I've never heard of red tripe???

Green tripe is the one to feed cos white tripe has very little nutritional content.

I get my green tripe from Landywood.

I have never heard of red tripe either.

If you buy tripe from a butchers it will certainly be white tripe. Scalded and bleached to make it fit for human consumtion; and take away all the goodness for canine consumption.

You can get green tripe from pet food shops that stock frozen foods, the likes of Landywoods, Prizechoice do it also. Or possibly from your local abattoir (probably the cheapest source.

If you live anywhere near a greyhound track,or even know of any greyhound owner's or kennel's in youre area,then they should be able to put you onto someone.I myself hate the stuff,as far as smell goes,and agree that white tripe is as much use as a cardbord box without an bottom.I have just recently put my Nikita pup on green tripe,as i just could'nt get her right.Best move ive made ,i think.Just remember to worm out often,and boke out at least once a month,or every 6 week's,with a ball of butter n salt,as it clean's out the stumach,and get's rid of all the crap within.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back