The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trivial things that annoy you

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Reecedouglas1

Reecedouglas1 New Member Registered

Can be anything

I will start

Buses being late.

Janer likes this.
  2. Dibbythedog

Dibbythedog Active Member Registered

oh where to start ! Most things annoy me:D

Smokers throwing their fag ends down in the street :mad:

3. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

People being late - really does irritate me, especially if it's a group of you hanging around waiting for one latecomer.

4. excuseme

excuseme Well-Known Member Registered

Being over taken, then the car that has gone past pulls in front and forgets to keep going any faster and slows down. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Janer

Janer Active Member Registered

People saying weary when they mean wary

6. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

...Sort of following on from @Janer, People pronouncing ‘Mayor’ like ‘Mare’

Linz1012 likes this.
  7. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

And 'nucular' instead of 'nuclear'.

Which has just reminded me of the time someone asked me if Jasper was 'one of those suzuki dogs' - I think he meant 'saluki' :D

One that crops up all the time even in academic books: 'a necessary prerequisite'. What other sort of prerequisite is there?

8. Kara 1

Kara 1 Well-Known Member Registered

People who don't indicate...especially on roundabouts

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    merlina, Ragsysmum, Flobo and 2 others like this.
  9. Kara 1

Kara 1 Well-Known Member Registered

People vaping especially walking in front of you and you get left in a cloud of stench :oops::rolleyes::mad:

Jack-Russell-Lover likes this.
  10. Jack-Russell-Lover

Oh my god I love that!! Lol!

11. Jack-Russell-Lover

....apart from when it smells like you want to eat it :p ...much preferable to actual cigarettes, I can’t stand walking behind someone who’s smoking ...or coming out of a pub into a cloud of cigarette smoke! :mad:

People who walk suuuper slow in front of you when you’re in a rush to get somewhere/someone driving suuuper slow in front of you when you’re in a rush to get somewhere lol

Linz1012 and Flobo like this.
  12. excuseme

The pronounciation of Milk; Miwlk, since when has milk had a W in it !

Linz1012 and Mad Murphy like this.
  13. Flobo

Flobo Well-Known Member Registered Partner

People who walk their dogs with both earphones in, unaware of what's going on around them.. actually have loads but won't go on!.. But.. as an ex smoker I have to admit I quite like walking behind someone smoking, just for old times sake:p, I feel a bit like the 'Bisto kid' sometimes:D:D

14. excuseme

And Thank, with a F, Fank you. And then there is Three, or in many cases it is free.

Linz1012 and Jack-Russell-Lover like this.
  15. excuseme

Oh yuk, @Flobo . You are breathing in someone elses second hand air:confused: that's horrible.

Mad Murphy likes this.
  16. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Generally I cant stand selfish anti social people but I just try to ignore it.
    But recently my local residents commitee really got my back up adding a little snide comment at the end of the community newsletter asking 'would all the local dog owners please clean up after their dogs because its antisocial of you to impose your dog poo on others'..
    I agree with them that its antisocial its just the way its slipped in and because I know the writer has two cats that crap in neighbours gardens all the time..
    So I wrote them a letter...

To the commitee

As a dog owner of almost 40 years I always clean up after my dog(s) and I feel quite attacked by these notices aimed at 'all' dogs owners.

Its not dog lovers who leave dog poo but a hardened group of antisocial people who are responsible for more problems in the neighbourhood than just dog poo.

Those who use the parks litter and poo bins for their houshold rubbish, their broken umberella or garden waste (the man at number 78 rams his hedge trimmings into the poo bin regularly) because of him its often impossible to deposit poo. Those of you who dont put your glass or paper in the correct bin and just dump it next to the conatiner.

Those of you who ignore parking regulations and each morning and evening park next to the school to drop off or collect children causing a dangerous situation on the road. oh plus the holy Joes who double park on Sunday morning so that they dont have far to walk to church' effectivly blocking a narrow road to other traffic.

Then there are those who speed round the streets with their phone stuck to their ear.
    The youths (your children) who make the park unsafe in the evenings riding scooters round without lights and chucking broken beer bottles onto the path and grass areas. Smoking weed and throwing up in the bushes.

And dont get me started on cats, those poor animals whose owners are so negelectful that they leave the poor creature out in all weathers, 23 hours a day so that they roam around doing their toilet in everyones garden but their own and fouling the sandpit at the playgound. My own garden is now a fortess ringed by a high fence and covered in stone so that I can sit outside or open a window without the stench of your cats crap wafting in.

We can complain endlessly about the problem of dog poo but unless antisocial behaviour as a whole is firmly dealt with it wil solve nothing and people such as myself will constantly feel as if they are being unjustly accused of things they havent done whilst the bad behaviour of others is ignored.

Or is this simply a question of seeing the fault in others and not in yourself?

I havent had an answer but the lady across the road who is on the commitee wont even say good morning now!

All little niggles but theyve been building up for ages and Ive finally got them off my chest

Linz1012, Flobo, Janer and 6 others like this.
  17. excuseme

Well written @Mad Murphy.
    You have been saving that one up for quiet a while by the look of it. I'm sure it has made you feel much better :rolleyes:

I don't very often read the very long posts that some of us write, I seem to loose interest, or maybe I'm just lazy:oops:
    But the above post was fantastic and I am quiet sure very true for many of us living in villages. Compelling reading!:eek: Excellent

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  18. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Its been about 20 years of holding my tongue !

Janer and Dibbythedog like this.
  19. Buddy1

Buddy1 Member Registered

When, after several days of brain ache, you finally complete a cryptic game on your phone and are feeling pretty chuffed with yourself, only to find that your (primary aged) child is able to complete the same game in 10 minutes!

@Flobo, as an ex-smoker I totally understand;)

Linz1012, Flobo, Janer and 2 others like this.
  20. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Well-Known Member Registered

Pacific instead of specific :mad: would of instead of would have o_O using the word like at least a dozen times in a sentence :( arsed instead of asked ....I could go on :D