The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trivial things that annoy you

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

..When people talk to you while you're trying to watch TV, read a book, on the phone to someone else or even hoovering! :confused::mad:

JudyN and Mad Murphy like this.
  2. excuseme

excuseme Well-Known Member Registered

Another one of my pet hates, is cyclists with their extra bright front lights. There should be a law that makes sure they dip their lights as car drivers do, and their flashing rear lights are extremely annoying too. :mad:

3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

When DS2 used to cycle to work from here, he would often rant (and boy, can that lad rant!) about cyclists coming the other way who did that and pretty much blinded him. It was particularly bad when he was riding up the local trailway so there were no streetlights or car lights to mitigate the effect.

4. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

I would love to say I agree with you but Ive never met one of these rare breed of cyclists, ones who use bright lights ... most round here either don't bother (because all motorists are psychic) or they have lights with the power of a birthday cake candle.

5. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

Same here @Mad Murphy, and to take it even further they sometimes wear dark clothes! No high vis or anything, so useful. :eek:o_O

Mad Murphy likes this.
  6. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Academic people who don't know the difference between 'i.e.' and 'e.g.', and think that your fifth decade of life runs from ages 50 to 60 (your first decade is from 0 to 9, second is 10 to 20, and so on).

Mad Murphy likes this.
  7. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

we get those ones too, last year two of them stopped and remarked on Murphy's LED collar 'oh look the doggy has lights' I just said 'well someone has to be responsible dont they' and walked on.

On the flip side my brother used to cycle he had lights and used to wear neon yellow cycling gear. When he was run over by a silly woman in a little car she said 'oh my goodness I didnt see you, were you cycling there'? indicating the road ...

He remarked that if she couldnt see a six foot bloke dressed like a bloody banana she needed specsavers urgently...