The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Trying To Find A Date

les windle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Rather than lose the money that's been paid out for supreme jacket's, an engraved trophy for pedigree supreme and whippet news advert we have been trying to reschedule the highgate bend derby without upsetting anyone, but it's turning out to be a nightmare. The only free date's are, 4th Nov (not an option as it's bonfire w/end) and Sat 17th March(w/end before champs) not ideal but possibly a maybe. We will post on here when we've decided.

Although we were happy to take over highgate w.r.c. when James asked us to last year, we are finding it difficult to put club meetings on because nearly all the bend open's are on there and the only club meeting we did manage to get on we got slated for by a club holding an event nearly 200 miles away! The bend season is getting shorter each year due to the harsher winter's so if the same date's go in for 2013 we will be in the same situation again.

i dont bend race but just wondering can u not hold the meeting on a saturday? easington was held yesterday and it never interfered with any other racing apart from club handicaps i wud think. just a thought. hope u can find somewhere for this race best of luck :luck: :luck:

as highgate put on almost all our whippet opens surely a date should be found in the top ten celander for this open and you should'nt be scrapping around for a date when the entry will be poor :rant:

Carol Highgate run auctions on a saturday, lurcher link racing every 2nd sunday in the month and if you look at the calender hard to fit in. Yvonne we did have a date the weather beat us just trying to fit it in

A date will come available for you les no 1 can predict weather mate. :thumbsup:

Carol Highgate run auctions on a saturday, lurcher link racing every 2nd sunday in the month and if you look at the calender hard to fit in. Yvonne we did have a date the weather beat us just trying to fit it in
i understand you had a date Les, but that early its always going to be a problem with the weather, would say the 17th is going to be the better date then but as you say if highgate have a auction on sat's will you be allowed that date, and think your not going to get as many dogs on sat, understand its really hard to find a date when theres opens on every weekend upto champs

Rather than lose the money that's been paid out for supreme jacket's, an engraved trophy for pedigree supreme and whippet news advert we have been trying to reschedule the highgate bend derby without upsetting anyone, but it's turning out to be a nightmare. The only free date's are, 4th Nov (not an option as it's bonfire w/end) and Sat 17th March(w/end before champs) not ideal but possibly a maybe. We will post on here when we've decided.
Although we were happy to take over highgate w.r.c. when James asked us to last year, we are finding it difficult to put club meetings on because nearly all the bend open's are on there and the only club meeting we did manage to get on we got slated for by a club holding an event nearly 200 miles away! The bend season is getting shorter each year due to the harsher winter's so if the same date's go in for 2013 we will be in the same situation again.
Hi Les, thats why we jacked it in, we hope you find solution :thumbsup: :luck:

The highgate bend derby has been booked and will run on the 16th DECEMBER :thumbsup:

As the clubs have priority over charity opens, I am asking very nicely if the N E Bend Charity will swap dates and now take the 16th December, in order that Highgate can have the 18th November....Highgate do stage 99% of the bend opens and it would be sad if they could not have a prime date for their only club open. Can someone who organises the charity open please get in touch to conform that this is ok.

No word from anyone on this as yet, is this not suitable for Notts/Derby or the Charity?

Hi

I organize the charity bend open. Before i can confirm to change to the 16th DEC Ill have to see if Camois can stage this date. Also the weather is a problem as Camois is right on the sea front and is way up north.And november is always doggy for us anyway so Dec may be worse for us.

Ill get in touch as soon as can.

Regards

Joyce Thoburn

Hi

I organize the charity bend open. Before i can confirm to change to the 16th DEC Ill have to see if Camois can stage this date. Also the weather is a problem as Camois is right on the sea front and is way up north.And november is always doggy for us anyway so Dec may be worse for us.

Ill get in touch as soon as can.

Regards

Joyce Thoburn

No word from anyone on this as yet, is this not suitable for Notts/Derby or the Charity?
the highgate bend derby as nothing to do with notts and derby, think Chris Jackson is sorting it out

I suffered a blow to the head yesterday, you will have to excuse me.

Of course this open has nothing to do with Notts/Derby, I meant of course Highgate Wrc.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back