The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tweseldown

bertha

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
LADY ANDERSON DIED LAST NIGHT, SHE HAD FALLEN AND BROKEN HER ARM AND WAS IN HOSPITAL.

TWESELDOWN WHIPPETS WILL BE REMEMBERED AS SHOW AND COURSING WHIPPETS.

LADY ANDERSON REGULARLY COURSED HER DOGS UNTIL SHE COULD NO LONGER WALK FAR. SHE WAS A REAL WHIPPET PERSON, AND A DEAR FRIEND AND WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.

My condolences to all her family and firends. I have heard such a lot about her but never met the Lady. RIP Nora

How very sad. A lovely lady who I knew when I was a girl, she was always so kind and never missed having a chat to me and I thought of her as my friend. A true lady in every sense of the word.

RIP

Jenny

Very sad news, such a lovely 'Lady'

It was an honour to know her.

She was a beautiful person through and through

Heartfelt condolences to her family

Yvonne & Mike

Such sad news :(

Always a pleasure to talk to

R I P Lady A

A true whippet lady through and through .

Oh that's really sad. Quite a loss to the whippet world :(

A great loss to the whippet world. Lady Anderson was one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met and it was my good luck to be benched next to her at many shows and to listen and learn.

She gave me invaluable personal support and encouragement when I was trying to set up the South West Whippet Club in its very early days.

A true Lady in every sense of the word.

Gill

Just heard this sad news today at EAWC :(

What a true Whippet great, it truly is the end of an era.

Liz and the Monellis

Gill Andrew said:
A great loss to the whippet world.  Lady Anderson was one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met and it was my good luck to be benched next to her at many shows and to listen and learn.
She gave me invaluable personal support and encouragement when I was trying to set up the South West Whippet Club in its very early days.

A true Lady in every sense of the word. 

Gill

It was Dennis Battershall and Reena Clark and you who set it up, and it was first mooted just before the South West Hound was formed, by Pat Brown and Dennis and others. They decided not to go that way but support the SWHound. We all supported getting the SWWC started.

Could someone please find out about the funeral arrangements. ie flowers? donations? when? where?

Thank you

Yvonne

:huggles:

kennelmaid said:
Could someone please find out about the funeral arrangements. ie flowers? donations? when? where?
Thank you

Yvonne

:huggles:

I have copied this(hope anne doesn't mind)

LADY ANDERSONS FUNERAL WILL BE ON 28th MARCH AT TARRANT KEYNSTON CHURCH, BLANDFORD FORUM, DORSET AT 2-00pm

LADY ANDERSON DIED PEACEFULLY IN HER SLEEP ON 20th MARCH. NO FLOWERS, DONATIONS TO JR WHIPPET RESCUE OR THE INJURED JOCKEY FUND.

FURTHER DETAILS WILL BE IN THE TIMES AND THE TELEGRAPH ON 22nd MARCH.

Anne Vickerstaff Hon Sec of the South West Whippet Club.

Lady Anderson was our President.

Lady Anderson was the patron of Whippet Club of Wales also

Very much delayed, but would just like to say many thanks for all your kind words.

'Gran' is still very much missed.

Ruth

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back