The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Typical Puppy Behaviour ?

Discussion in 'Puppy Forum' started by lynyona, Jul 22, 2018.

1. lynyona

lynyona Member Registered

Betty has started to do 2 strange things.. she has started to dig in my lawn I know dogs dig but never known them to did in the actual grass before not just a little bit like she s digging down under lol ..She will be outside for ages usually with me playing with her now she is house trained as been for a while but she will come in and wee on the floor.She also will we on the beds if she gets chance and if she see s a pile of washing waiting to go into the washer she will wee on that as well I leave it in the basket now then she cant .Just wondering why she would do these things.

2. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

I'd get her checked over by a vet for the weeing - she could have a urinary tract infection.

Dogs often dig in hot weather to unearth cooler soil to lie on. It's a bit inconvenient her doing it in the lawn rather than the borders but this might be the reason for it.

I don't really know anything about phantom pregnancy but that's another thought that sprang to mind, in case these are nesting behaviours - hopefully others will say if this is a rubbish idea!

lynyona likes this.
  3. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

lynyona likes this.
  4. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

Harri is busy excavating in the garden too in this hot weather- he's dug himself a couple of cool comfortable holes to lie in

Violet Turner and lynyona like this.