The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Under Age Bitches

liza

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i had a call on saturday about a bitch who has had a litter before she was a year old they said it was an accident mating it turns out she had mated her and had all the dates written down they are advertised on pets4homes in huntingdon

bill_katie_and_rosie_th.jpg

They are advertised as KC reg, as the mum is meant to be under 12 months then surely they cant be

Bloody idiots !!!!!!

we all know it happens surely the whippet code of ethics should have more bite refusing membership and entries from such people also with the rule about having gaps between puppies, why cant the breed council all agree to refuse entries at club shows then people might take notice! these prob arent show people but it does happen in the show world, im off to put my tin hat on now

Last edited by a moderator:
This may well cover those who show but what about the many that don't, which could be the person that is refered to in the first post??

The KC may have the ruling of a bitch has to be over 12 months before they register a litter but that only covers those who register, I also think 12 months for any breed is far to low. Unfortunately there is very little that can be done to cover the non registered litters!!!!

I think its a very sad situation for the bitch, only a baby herself and having a litter.

I questioned a litter bred by someone from a 15 month bitch. The stud dog owner emailed me (and I still have it) to say that the Whippet Club secretary had said it was OK, and also the secretary of the WCRA had said it was OK! Whilst you have people in those positions encouraging it, I can only see situations getting worse. He has since bred from another bitch under 2 years. He has made himself very unpopular on the racing circuit, along with the stud dog owner who really should know better! Racing folk don't suffer fools gladly lol

The KC are at fault here, but as long as they get the money in they are happy to turn a blind eye :- (

I questioned a litter bred by someone from a 15 month bitch. The stud dog owner emailed me (and I still have it) to say that the Whippet Club secretary had said it was OK, and also the secretary of the WCRA had said it was OK! Whilst you have people in those positions encouraging it, I can only see situations getting worse. He has since bred from another bitch under 2 years. He has made himself very unpopular on the racing circuit, along with the stud dog owner who really should know better! Racing folk don't suffer fools gladly lolThe KC are at fault here, but as long as they get the money in they are happy to turn a blind eye :- (

these people are not show people they had a bitch off me 4 years ago and they had a litter from her at 2 1/2 and kept two boys one she had casterated and one she didnt have done who is the father of these under age pups i do try and safe gaurd my bitches i do endorse and tell people to come back to me after the age of 2 and i will lift it i must say i have only had to lift two but that doesent stop people breeding a liitter and selling them with no papers i have spoken to these people and they have said the puppies wont be registred i also have said to them that their add is misleading they asked the kennel club but they said they would not register the pups because the bitch was under a year when she was mated

bill_katie_and_rosie_th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done a little investagating and the mother of the pups was born 21/08/09. I have also found out the breeder of the mother too :angry:

I have done a little investagating and the mother of the pups was born 21/08/09. I have also found out the breeder of the mother too :angry:
Breed records????? Hope it is nobody I know. :angry:

Thats a month older than my Tala (who just this week is having her first

season) She is still very much a puppy, no way could i see her with pups

of her own.......whatever were the owner of this poor girl and the stud

thinking......complete idiots

Same owner.

they used their own dog on the bitch the under age bitch is endorsed and has a contract to say that she is not to be bred from until after the age of 2

You can also put endorsments that the MALE dogs cannot have progeny registered too , most folk think its just the bitches I believe

You can also put endorsments that the MALE dogs cannot have progeny registered too , most folk think its just the bitches I believe
i do endorse all my pups dogs and bitches

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back