The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations

Richard & Patsy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
In the hot weather Sitka's shedding has gone into overdrive. Every time he shakes a cloud of hair goes everywhere.

Our vacuum cleaner is a Dyson V11 Absolute which picks up the hair well on hard floors, OK on carpets but needs poking around with a knitting needle every five or ten minutes to clear a hair blockage. It is poor on upholstery whatever attachment we use.

Can you recommend a vacuum cleaner that is good with dog hair including on upholstery?

I have always had dysons then changed to a Henry...my jack Russell's shed but only hair like needles and I dont have upholstery only leather and wooden floors ..I do have rugs which the Henry removes hair very well ...the deerhounds dont tend to shed much ...our dog when we were kids used to sheep like balls of wall ...my mum used to have a damp cloth and take all of the hair off of the rugs and furniture ...good luck In your search;)

Is your dyson cordless....if so I had one very expensive and IMO rubbish ...I prefer the corded dysons ...

We have had Corded Dyson for many years. Plenty of power in them, constantly filling the large bins with hair and loads of dust too.
Any blockages are always easy to find and remove.
It always helps if the filters are kept clean too.

I've had a Nuvac for a few years now and I really love it, great suction, easy to manoeuvre and picks up pet hair really well.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back