The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Very pleased with Folly

Biker John

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I just wish to let people know how proud I was today with Folly. A friend and I went out for lunch and of course Folly came with us, a family sat near us and it was obvious the elderly lady was suffering with dementia. No big problem to us but she did ask the same questions many times. She loved Folly and stroked her and fondled her ears, now normally Folly is quite happy for people to stoke her but after a quick stroke she leaves them and comes close to me. But today she stayed next to the lady being fussed all the time we were there, she just stood quietly next to her.

Dogs are wonderful. Benny was never fond of cuddles but he was inseparable from my mother in law for the time we spent with her . She had alzhiemers and although she was near silent with us she had lovely long chats with Benny...

Give Folly a hug she did well and most likely made that ladies day.

What a good girl! —- give her a stroke for me, please? :)

my Akita preferred adults to kids, but she’d stand like a statue to be petted by very young children, such as toddlers or crawling infants. (She ducked from pre-teen boys’ hands, tho. :D There are limits to self-sacrifice, LOL, & shouty boys who push one another were past her bounds. ;) )

She was also very patient with elderly folks & those in hospital - standing or sitting politely & attentively, carefully putting forepaws on beds to be within reach, never stepping on feet or limbs. // I didn’t teach her that - I socialized her heavily & exposed her to weird sounds, noisy settings, etc, but she taught herself key concepts without any help from me.
I was just the transport chief - she did the visiting. *shrug* All I did was introduce her, & supervise. :oops:

Dogs are amazing creatures; for humans, they are our longest cross-species friendship.

Amazing :emoji_dog2::emoji_dog2:.
I was an EMI nurse and my mum used to bring our Shetland in to see the residents of a home i worked in ...it cheered everyone up...animals are wonderful therapy ...well done Folly :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back